|Charlotte Ritchie Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|August 29, 1989
Charlotte Ritchie is an English actress and singer-songwriter who rose to fame after appearing as the protagonist Melissa “Oregon” Shawcross in the comedy-drama television series Fresh Meat (2011–2016). She gained further popularity by starring in several other programs on the small screen like the BBC period drama series Call the Midwife (2015–2018) where she played the part of nurse Barbara Gilbert and by performing in numerous films including The Open Doors (2004). Charlotte has worked as a singer and songwriter with the British operatic pop crossover band named All Angels having recorded many albums with the group since 2006. She has also released a number of EPs such as Light of Another (2014) that she dropped along with her brother Luke.
Charlotte Anne Ritchie
Clapham, London, England, United Kingdom
Charlotte went to James Allen’s Girls’ School in Dulwich in South London. She joined Youth Music Theatre UK as well as its production of Red Hunter in 2005. She attended the University of Bristol acquiring a degree in English and Drama from there.
- Father – Robin Ritchie
- Mother – Elise Ritchie
- Siblings – Luke Ritchie (Brother) (Musician), Alice Ritchie (Sister) (Journalist)
She is represented by CAM.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Sharp features
- Cheerful smile
Charlotte Ritchie Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Happy Valley, 10 O’Clock Live, having wished for a version of Saturday Night Live to be aired in the United Kingdom that would feature all the up-and-coming comedians with sketches and people doing talks along with the usual stand-ups
Source – The Guardian
Charlotte Ritchie Facts
- She was brought up in London in England.
- Ritchie has appeared in the sitcom Ghosts (2019) where she has played the lead role of Alison, the woman who inherits a haunted house that she longs to turn into a hotel but has accepted the fact that she resides with a group of eccentric ghosts whom she can see and hear. She has disclosed that she has been skeptical about the concept of the afterlife although she has been scared of the dark. She has gone on to say that she has been aware of numerous unexplained things going on in the world and has believed that people’s brains are extremely powerful leading to many energetic things to occur and that ghosts may really exist.
- Charlotte has disclosed that her mother had got upset when Charlotte had quit working for Call the Midwife as she has been a huge fan of the show and very proud to have her daughter feature in it.
Featured Image by Cindy Fanpage / Instagram