Chelsie Kay Hightower
Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.
Chelsie completed her schooling from Timpanogos High School in Orem, Utah then attended Utah Valley University.
Ballroom dancer, choreographer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Chelsie has five older brothers
Latin, ballroom, jazz, ballet and hip-hop
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chelsie Hightower dated –
- Roshon Fegan (2012-2014) – Chelsie started dating an American actor, Roshon Fegan on March 27, 2012, after they met on the set of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars. He finished 6th in the show after staying for 8 weeks. The couple separated in the year 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Started professional dancing at the age of 18, when she appeared on So You Think You Can Dance.
33-26-34 in or 84-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
Chelsie’s shoe size is not listed.
Best Known For
Appearing on the ABC’s dance reality TV show Dancing With the Stars as choreographer, dance partner and trainer. She first appeared in this show in season 8 (in 2009) and was placed 4th when partnered with Ty Murray, a nine-time World Champion rodeo cowboy.
She has not appeared in any of the films.
First TV Show
Chelsie debuted with Fox’s dance competition show So You Think You Can Dance in season 4 in May 2008, when she was 18. She was partnered with Mark Kanemura. She didn’t win the show but was able to reach in the top 6.
She goes to the nearby gym during the off-season for 6 days a week, while Sunday is a rest day. The exercises, which she does are primarily cardio, strength training, and weight training.
Cardio is done by her for the initial 30 minutes to increase the heart rate and as a form of warm up, which is followed by a session of weight training for 60 minutes. During that time, she also performs some weight training with light weights but high reps. This was all about her workout routine during the off-season.
Regarding diet, it looks like the following –
- Breakfast – Egg whites (albumin) with yogurt
- Lunch – Chicken sandwich
- Snack – Prunes
- Dinner – Fruit salad
Chelsie Hightower Favorite Things
- Dancer on DWTS – Jack Osbourne
Source – ABCNews.Go.com
Chelsie Hightower Facts
- She has received her dance training from former world champions including Dancing With The Stars professionals Corky Ballas, Louis Van Amstel and Karina Smirnoff.
- She appeared on DWTS from season 8 until 15 (except season 13). She was dropped off from DWTS in the season 16 (in 2013), which was against her will.
- Chelsie was born in Nevada but grew up in Orem, Utah.
- Her parents divorced in 2006 (when she was 17 years old).
- Chelsie started dancing when she was nine.
- She is the youngest in her house.
- She received her dance training at Center Stage Dance Studio in Utah alongside Derek Hough, Jared Murillo, and Julianne Hough.
- Hightower had a hole in her heart when she was born.
- She is trained in various dance forms such as ballroom, jazz, ballet and hip-hop.
- At 11, she won her first national level title.
- Chelsie is the only girl in her house.
- With Sugar and Bruno, Chelsie has opened her own clothing line. She also has her own makeup line with Cliché Cosmetics.
- Visit her official website @ chelsiehightowerdance.com.
- Connect with Chelsie on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Google+.