|China Chow Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
China Chow is an English born American actress and model who is best known for being the daughter of model and jewelry designer Tina Chow and restauranteur Michael Chow. She has a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
China Chow (In Chinese 周佳納)
London, England, United Kingdom
China Chow attended Scripps College in Claremont, California from where she graduated with a degree in Psychology.
- Father – Michael Chow (Restauranteur)
- Mother – Tina Chow (Model, Designer)
- Siblings – Maximillian Chow (Younger Brother) (Restauranteur)
- Others – Asia Chow (Half-Sister), Phoenix Chow (Half-Brother), Tsai Chin (Actress, Singer, Director), Walter Edmund Lutz (Maternal Grandfather) (Veteran), Mona Furuki (Maternal Grandmother), Ferdinand Carl Lutz (Maternal Great Grandfather), Lydia Anna Catherine Weseloh (Maternal Great Grandmother), Zhou Xinfang (Grandfather) (Opera Actor)
China is represented by Abrams Artists Agency.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
China Chow has dated –
- Jared Leto – Rumor
- Mark Wahlberg (1997-2000)
- Keanu Reeves (2008)
- Steve Coogan (2007-2011)
- Billy Idol (2018)
- Noel Ashman (2018)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White & Asian)
She is of 50% Chinese and 25% German and 25% Japanese descent.
- Petite physique
- Freckled face
Through her social media, she has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Moschino and Louis Vuitton.
China Chow Favorite Things
- Memory Of Dining At Mr. Chow – The opening of the Beijing Opera to Lincoln Center in New York City
Source – Nowness
China Chow Facts
- She was raised in a prominently known and well-to-do family.
- China spent the first 5 years of her life in London before relocating to New York.
- Her distinct ability to entertain people is something that she inherited from her grandfather Zhou Xinfang who was considered to be one of the greatest grandmasters to act at the Peking Opera.
- Her aunt Tsai Chin was once a “Bond girl.” She has appeared in 2 of the 24 James Bond film series, You Only Live Twice (1967) and Casino Royale (2006).
- Tina’s mother Tina died at the age of 41. Apparently, she was in an extramarital affair with a French aristocrat named Kim D’Estainvillle due to which she had succumbed to AIDS disease which eventually led her death on January 24, 1992.
- She is the first member of the family to hold a graduate degree.
- It was casting director Roger Mussenden who spotted Chow.
- She has worked with various highly regarded brands such as Shiseido Cosmetics, Tommy Hilfiger, and Calvin Klein.
- She first earned recognition as a model in 1996 as Harpers Bazaar‘s “It Girl.” In December that year, she was also featured on Vogue‘s “The Next Best-Dressed List.”
- In the year 2000, Maxim featured her in their “Girls of Maxim” gallery after she had posed for them. Furthermore, she was also featured on their “Maxim Hot 100 Women” list at #22 in 2000 and #54 in 2001.
- Her first film appearance in The Big Hit (1998) was alongside established actor Mark Wahlberg.
- She has worked with various distinguished stars like Bruce Campbell, Jason Schwartzman, Freddie Prinze Jr., and Shalom Harlow.
- She hosted the 2010 Work of Art: The Next Great Artist reality competition.
- In the past, she voiced the character of Katie Zhan for Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- After the death of her mother in 1992, Chow’s father Michael remarried for the 3rd time to Eva Chun. However, they parted ways in 2018.
Featured Image By China Chow / Instagram