|Chris Jordan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Chris Jordan is an English professional cricketer who has represented the country, as a fast bowler and a handy lower-order batsman, primarily in the limited-overs formats of the sport (ODIs and T20Is). He was an integral member of the English squad that had reached the final of the 2016 ICC World T20. In domestic cricket, he has represented Surrey County Cricket Club (2007–2012) and Sussex County Cricket Club (2013–Present) in England, Northern Districts (2017-18, 2018-19) in New Zealand, and his native Barbados (2011-12, 2012-13) in the Caribbean. A valuable bowling all-rounder in the T20 format, he has represented numerous franchise teams around the world including Royal Challengers Bangalore (2016), Sunrisers Hyderabad (2017–2018), and Kings XI Punjab (2020-Present) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); Adelaide Strikers (2016-17), Sydney Thunder (2018-19), and Perth Scorchers (2019-20) in the BBL (Big Bash League); Peshawar Zalmi (2017–2019) and Karachi Kings (2020) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League); Chittagong Vikings (2017) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League); and Trinbago Knight Riders (2019) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League).
Christopher James Jordan
Christ Church, Barbados
England, United Kingdom
Chris had attended the Combermere School in Bridgetown, Barbados, after which he had earned a sports scholarship to complete his formal education at Dulwich College, an independent, day and boarding boys’ school in Dulwich, London.
- Father – Robert Jordan
- Mother – Rosita Jordan (Secretary at Bajan Bank)
- Siblings – Keisha Boyce (née Jordan) (Sister)
- Others – Dray Boyce (Brother-in-Law) (Hockey Player). He has a nephew and a niece.
- 34 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Peshawar Zalmi (Pakistan Super League), Trinbago Knight Riders (Caribbean Premier League), Perth Scorchers (Big Bash League), Karachi Kings (Pakistan Super League), Kings XI Punjab (Indian Premier League)
- 8 – Sussex Sharks (English Domestic Cricket), Royal Challengers Bangalore (Indian Premier League), Adelaide Strikers (Big Bash League)
- 64 – Sydney Thunder (Big Bash League)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Barbadian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
Chris Jordan Facts
- Chris, at the Combermere School in Barbados, was a classmate of future pop star Rihanna.
- For his performances in 2007, his debut year for the Surrey County Cricket Club, he had won the ‘NBC Denis Compton Award’ which is annually presented to the most promising youngster at each of the 18 county teams in England.
- Born in Barbados and having plied his trade for several years in England, he was eligible to represent both the West Indies and England in international cricket. He eventually chose to play for England and had made his international debut in September 2013.
- In November 2015, he had bowled the ‘Super Over’ (single over tie-breaker) in a T20I match against Pakistan. His stupendous performance had restricted Pakistan to a score of just 3/1 which was easily overhauled by England. This was just the 9th T20I that had ended in a tie, the 6th to have been decided by a ‘Super Over’, and the very first time that the English team was involved in such a match.
- In December 2022, Chris Jordan went unsold in the auction for IPL 2023. His base price was set at INR 20 million.
Featured Image by Chris Jordan / Instagram