|Chrissy Metz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1979|
Chrissy Metz is an American actress, voiceover artist, singer, songwriter, and comedian. She has gained acclaim with her roles like Kate Pearson in the NBC romantic family drama series This Is Us, Joyce Smith in the Christian drama film Breakthrough, Trish in the teen comedy-drama film Sierra Burgess Is a Loser, and Barbara/Ima Wiggles in the horror anthology series American Horror Story: Freak Show.
Christine Michelle Metz
Homestead, Florida, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Chrissy studied in a community college after graduating from high school.
Actress, Comedian, Singer, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Mark Metz (Served in the United States Navy)
- Mother – Denise Hodge
- Siblings – She has four siblings.
- Others – Thomas Walter Metz (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Dorsch (Paternal Grandmother), Curtis Pearson Britt (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Lou Schmitz (Maternal Grandmother)
Chrissy Metz has been represented by –
- Nick Roses of Pantheon Talent Agency
- Luber Roklin Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Blues, Hip Hop
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
181 kg or 399 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chrissy Metz has dated –
- Martyn Eaden (2008-2015) – She married copywriter Martyn Eaden on January 5, 2008. But, got separated on January 31, 2013. Martyn filed for divorce from her on November 12, 2014, which was finalized on December 11, 2015. The divorce papers are available at RadarOnline.com.
- Josh Stancil (2016-2018) – In October 2016, she started dating cameraman Josh Stancil. She made her relationship public in January 2017. In 2018, they separated which she revealed during “The Wendy Williams Show”.
- Hal Rosenfeld (2018-2020) – Composer Hal Rosenfeld and Chrissy started dating in late 2018. In November 2018, her relationship with Hal was confirmed when they were found together on a date night in New York City. The couple broke up in 2020.
- Bradley Collins (2020-Present) – She announced her relationship with Bradley Collins on her Instagram in October 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Chrissy Metz is of German, English, Irish, and Hungarian descent.
- Large frame
- Blue eyes
47-50-46 in or 119-127-117 cm
In 2022, Chrissy partnered with Capital One Auto Navigator to inspire people for car purchases.
Best Known For
- Starring in the American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Playing the lead role in the comedy-drama series This Is Us, which won her the Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” both in 2018 and 2019 while she was also nominated for Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”, Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series”, Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series”, and Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”.
As a Singer
As a singer, Chrissy Metz has released a single titled, Trouble with the Winners, which she has performed in association with The Vapors.
Her first recording was the cover of a couple of LL Cool J’s classic songs, which were hashed in a single track titled, Ladies Love Cool J.
Chrissy Metz made her film appearance in a romantic comedy Loveless in Los Angeles in 2007 as Bonnie.
First TV Show
In 2005, Chrissy made her first TV show appearance in Entourage as Counter Girl in episode #7 of season 2.
As part of her contractual obligation for This is Us, she started her weight loss program in mid-2016. For this purpose, she has listed the help of her co-star Milo Ventimiglia, who is guided by Jason Walsh, the founder of “Rise Nation.” She has revealed in an interview with People magazine that she is looking forward to doing Rise workout routines.
Chrissy exercises for 30 to 40 minutes a day so that weight loss is gradual and coincides with the show storyline.
Chrissy Metz Favorite Things
- Travel Place – Any place with blue water
- Book – The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- Item in Closet – White Converse Jack Purcell Canvas sneakers
- Cover to Perform – Faithfully by Journey
- Flower – Peony
- Color – Sapphire Blue
- All-Time Favorite Song – Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Source – Us Magazine
Chrissy Metz Facts
- After moving to Hollywood, she started working as an assistant for a talent manager from Florida to help her make ends meet and pay bills.
- Chrissy Metz has worked as a junior commercial agent for leading talent management agencies such as Buchwald Talent Group and Abrams Artists Agency.
- Chrissy had been overweight since her childhood and her mother even took her to Weight Watchers meeting to help her deal with weight loss.
- While growing up, Chrissy was a physically active kid but had a problem with her binge eating which would see her polish off a tray of brownies with a friend.
- As a child, she had to move to Japan after her father got posted there. She lived in Japan for ten years and learned to speak Japanese before English.
- While in high school, she was in a chamber choir, which she selected over the musical theater.
- In 2018, she appeared as Trish, Veronica’s overbearing and estranged mother, in the teen comedy-drama film, Sierra Burgess Is a Loser.
- While studying in community college, Chrissy was working as a preschool teacher.
- For her role as Ima Wiggles in American Horror Story: Freak Show, she had to wear a fat suit.
- She brought to life the character of Joyce Smith, a highly devout Christian woman who is Brian’s wife and John’s adoptive mother, in Breakthrough. This role got her nominated for the 2019 Teen Choice Award for “Choice Drama Movie Actress”.
- Before she had gotten the role in This Is Us, she was about to quit acting.
- She had once worked as Ariana Grande‘s agent.
- Before becoming famous, she used to work at McDonald’s.
- Chrissy has also done babysitting.
- The best advice she has ever received is “Nothing is personal”.
- Her first big splurge was on a laptop.
- On a Saturday night, she is generally watching a movie/series at her home while eating popcorn.
- She is more into baking than cooking.
- Chrissy likes to bake chocolate chip cookies.
- Chrissy admired actors Robin Williams and Jim Carrey growing up.
- Chrissy can create dolphin noise. This is her secret talent.
- “You can only keep what you give away,” this is the motto of her life.
- Black-colored 2000 Ford Focus was her first car.
- She cannot leave her house without lip balm or lip gloss.
- Chrissy has a dog named Mabel.
- She has a birthmark on her foot. However, her pedicurist often mistakes it for injury.
- Chrissy likes to draw, paint, and create. While young, she also wanted to go to art school.
- Chrissy considers herself a hopeless romantic.
- Even though she has worked in horror series, she is not a fan of the horror genre.
- Chrissy doesn’t like eating seafood.
- Chrissy is double-jointed in her fingers.
- She believes in astrology and keeps checking her horoscope.
- Chrissy loves taking baths.
- She was the class clown in her school.
- She loves country music.