|Chrissy Metz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1979|
Chrissy Metz is an American actress, voiceover artist, singer, songwriter, and comedian. She has gained acclaim with her roles like Kate Pearson in the NBC romantic family drama series This Is Us, Joyce Smith in the Christian drama film Breakthrough, Trish in the teen comedy-drama film Sierra Burgess Is a Loser, and Barbara/Ima Wiggles in the horror anthology series American Horror Story: Freak Show.
Christine Michelle Metz
Homestead, Florida, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Chrissy studied in a community college after graduating from high school.
Actress, Comedian, Singer, Songwriter, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Mark Metz (Served in the United States Navy)
- Mother – Denise Hodge
- Siblings – She has four siblings.
- Others – Thomas Walter Metz (Paternal Grandfather), Ruth Dorsch (Paternal Grandmother), Curtis Pearson Britt (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Lou Schmitz (Maternal Grandmother)
Chrissy Metz has been represented by –
- Nick Roses of Pantheon Talent Agency
- Luber Roklin Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Blues, Hip Hop
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
181 kg or 399 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chrissy Metz has dated –
- Martyn Eaden (2008-2015) – She married copywriter Martyn Eaden on January 5, 2008. But, got separated on January 31, 2013. Martyn filed for divorce from her on November 12, 2014, which was finalized on December 11, 2015. The divorce papers are available at RadarOnline.com.
- Josh Stancil (2016-2018) – In October 2016, she started dating cameraman Josh Stancil. She made her relationship public in January 2017. In 2018, they separated which she revealed during “The Wendy Williams Show”.
- Hal Rosenfeld (2018-2020) – Composer Hal Rosenfeld and Chrissy started dating in late 2018. In November 2018, her relationship with Hal was confirmed when they were found together on a date night in New York City. The couple broke up in 2020.
- Bradley Collins (2020-Present) – She announced her relationship with Bradley Collins on her Instagram in October 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Chrissy Metz is of German, English, Irish, and Hungarian descent.
- Large frame
- Blue eyes
47-50-46 in or 119-127-117 cm
In 2022, Chrissy partnered with Capital One Auto Navigator to inspire people for car purchases.
Best Known For
- Starring in the American Horror Story: Freak Show
- Playing the lead role in the comedy-drama series This Is Us, which won her the Screen Actors Guild Award for “Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” both in 2018 and 2019 while she was also nominated for Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”, Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series”, Critics’ Choice Television Award for “Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series”, and Golden Globe Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”.
As a Singer
As a singer, Chrissy Metz has released a single titled, Trouble with the Winners, which she has performed in association with The Vapors.
Her first recording was the cover of a couple of LL Cool J’s classic songs, which were hashed in a single track titled, Ladies Love Cool J.
Chrissy Metz made her film appearance in a romantic comedy Loveless in Los Angeles in 2007 as Bonnie.
First TV Show
In 2005, Chrissy made her first TV show appearance in Entourage as Counter Girl in episode #7 of season 2.
As part of her contractual obligation for This is Us, she started her weight loss program in mid-2016. For this purpose, she has listed the help of her co-star Milo Ventimiglia, who is guided by Jason Walsh, the founder of “Rise Nation.” She has revealed in an interview with People magazine that she is looking forward to doing Rise workout routines.
Chrissy exercises for 30 to 40 minutes a day so that weight loss is gradual and coincides with the show storyline.
Chrissy Metz Favorite Things
- Travel Place – Any place with blue water
- Book – The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- Item in Closet – White Converse Jack Purcell Canvas sneakers
- Cover to Perform – Faithfully by Journey
- Flower – Peony
- Color – Sapphire Blue
- All-Time Favorite Song – Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Source – Us Magazine
Chrissy Metz Facts
- After moving to Hollywood, she started working as an assistant for a talent manager from Florida to help her make ends meet and pay bills.
- Chrissy Metz has worked as a junior commercial agent for leading talent management agencies such as Buchwald Talent Group and Abrams Artists Agency.
- Chrissy had been overweight since her childhood and her mother even took her to Weight Watchers meeting to help her deal with weight loss.
- While growing up, Chrissy was a physically active kid but had a problem with her binge eating which would see her polish off a tray of brownies with a friend.
- As a child, she had to move to Japan after her father got posted there. She lived in Japan for ten years and learned to speak Japanese before English.
- While in high school, she was in a chamber choir, which she selected over the musical theater.
- In 2018, she appeared as Trish, Veronica’s overbearing and estranged mother, in the teen comedy-drama film, Sierra Burgess Is a Loser.
- While studying in community college, Chrissy was working as a preschool teacher.
- For her role as Ima Wiggles in American Horror Story: Freak Show, she had to wear a fat suit.
- She brought to life the character of Joyce Smith, a highly devout Christian woman who is Brian’s wife and John’s adoptive mother, in Breakthrough. This role got her nominated for the 2019 Teen Choice Award for “Choice Drama Movie Actress”.
- Before she had gotten the role in This Is Us, she was about to quit acting.
- She had once worked as Ariana Grande‘s agent.
- Before becoming famous, she used to work at McDonald’s.
- Chrissy has also done babysitting.
- The best advice she has ever received is “Nothing is personal”.
- Her first big splurge was on a laptop.
- On a Saturday night, she is generally watching a movie/series at her home while eating popcorn.
- She is more into baking than cooking.
- Chrissy likes to bake chocolate chip cookies.
- Chrissy admired actors Robin Williams and Jim Carrey growing up.
- Chrissy can create dolphin noise. This is her secret talent.
- “You can only keep what you give away,” this is the motto of her life.
- Black-colored 2000 Ford Focus was her first car.
- She cannot leave her house without lip balm or lip gloss.
- Chrissy has a dog named Mabel.
- She has a birthmark on her foot. However, her pedicurist often mistakes it for injury.
- Chrissy likes to draw, paint, and create. While young, she also wanted to go to art school.
- Chrissy considers herself a hopeless romantic.
- Even though she has worked in horror series, she is not a fan of the horror genre.
- Chrissy doesn’t like eating seafood.
- Chrissy is double-jointed in her fingers.
- She believes in astrology and keeps checking her horoscope.
- Chrissy loves taking baths.
- She was the class clown in her school.
- She loves country music.
The funny thing is that this info is on HealthyCeleb, 5’5″, 400 lbs.
Glad I’m not a cow like that!
Glad I’m not ignorant like you.
You might not be a cow but you are rude, crude and hate filled.
Amy you could never be a cow…cows are intelligent, sentient beings! Of which you seem to be neither. Chrissy Metz is beautiful inside and out. I will be praying for your bad attitude!
I just just saw Chrissy on Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show and it looked like she had gained rather than lost any weight this year. She looked big enough to be uncomfortable when she sat down.
I know! She never fits in the chair!!
She has to fly 1st class and takes up 2 seats! Amazing she’s still alive not having any heart attacks. But her life span is shortened dramatically. Sad shes not on a major weight loss program.
I just saw her movie Breakthrough and she was excellent in it. However you can not watch her without think any minute she is going to have a heart attack.
Food addiction is a real thing and it sucks.
She’s killing herself.
She is beautiful, how would you like someone you don’t know pointing out your flaws for the world to see.
Well said ?
This woman is so fat. She should chew her food but not swallow it. She ate the whole thing. It is disgusting for a younger person to be so HUGE!! How in the devil does she manage to be employed. Oh well – to each his own. YUCK !!
She will die soon from a major heart attack.
I feel so sorry for her. She doesn’t seem to realize that her weight is going to drastically shorten her life. I wish someone would tell her that and also tell her the only true way for her to lose weight & keep it off, there-by extending her life at least health wise, is gastric by-pass surgery. It is not a fast or easy out, it takes work & discipline but it does make that work really pay off. Five of us in my family had this life saving surgery in 1996, including me. We had to do it the hard way, flayed like a fish. Now they do it laparoscopically. I know from whence I speak. My mom lived till 2018, passing at 93. I am 75 & going strong, my brother passed from drug OD, the other two are doing well and nearing their 60’s. She is so beautiful & talented. Please someone clue her in.
Shame on all of you to the ones being so cruel! Do you think she doesn’t already know how this affects her life? You think it is so easy for people to lose weight? Some people drink and some people do drugs, some people have a gambling problem and some have a spending problem and some have a smoking problem and yes some people over eat. No one knows what has happened in her life. I am so tired of people being so judgmental and so cruel. I think you cruel people should just worry about yourselves.
Amen! She’s a beautiful and talented actress. She deserves your praise and not your judgmental pity.
I wish others were well mannered and kind like you marylou.
KC well said!
Wonder what she is for Halloween
Probably a pumpkin Pete! Lol
She does not look like she has lost any weight. I fear she will not live a long life, really should lose weight, she is so pretty a shame.
It’s absolutely amazing to me how we overlook other peoples devices and feel sorry for them when they are alcoholics or drug addicts. But when it comes to people with weight issues, we’re so incredibly cruel as if this is something they can fix themselves, whereas people with other addictions need help. People who are overweight got that way for a reason, and it’s usually some kind of trauma or other psychological issue. If you really want to know how Chrissy Metz got that way, go read her latest article in guidepost magazine. The incredible thing about Chrissy Metz is that at least she’s making something of her life and sharing her experiences with others. You can’t really say that from most other people with addiction problems. Most people who are overweight had issues of low self-worth and feelings of in adequacy growing up and they turn to food just like drug adicts And alcoholic’s turn to drugs and alcohol. If you’re going to be cruel, at least be an equal opportunity cruel person. Say how awful it is that people are addicted to drugs and alcohol as well.
Spot on, Joanna! The most educted post here. I’m sure she has her personal trainer and nutritionist guiding her with her progress. Hell, her body is probably healthier than a lot of people that have previously commented. AND she’s successful!! :p #CarryOnChrissy
If she’s not careful she’s going to end up with diabetes and heart disease.
Let us be kind for the planet is getting smaller and smaller. If you saw Chrissy in movie Breakthrough you’ll know how gifted she is
I have dealt with weight problems since I turned 40. I was put on medication that had a side-effect of increasing hunger and weight gain. I still struggle with it and I am 66 years old! I look at Chrissy Metz and think she is a beautiful young lady with so much talent. I also think that if she doesn’t lose this weight, she may be diagnosed with Type II Diabetes like I am. My joints have also been affected. I wish I had the nerve to get weight loss surgery. I stay on a low-carb diet most of the time. My knees are shot and I now need knee replacements. She lost 100 lbs. once, I read, by eating 2,000 calories a day & exercising on treadmill 20 minutes per day. She could do it again! I just hope wanting to keep her T.V. role doesn’t hinder her choices.
Sarah…you are not nice!
I’m glad I’m not you’re friend.
You’re comment is ugly and rude!
Chrissy is a beautiful, talented actress. I hope she also healthy because I enjoy her acting so much and hope to watch her work for many more years.
Chrissy is beautiful. For the safety and health of her future she must lose weight. It appears she continues to gain weight. Great actress and I love her and Toby together.
she Needs to consume approx 3500-4000 calories a day to maintain her weight. That’s a lot of food. If she cut down to even 2500 calories which is still quite a bit, she would lose 50 pounds which would make a difference to her health. I hope she tries something soo, she seems like such a nice person
I’d venture a guess that she consumes more like 5,000-7,000 calories a day …. mostly Starch and Junk / Fast Food. I whipped myself into shape with The Atkins Diet (tastiest foods you can imagine) and went from 260 to 180 in less than six months. I’m holding at 172.