|Christina Tosi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1981|
Christina Tosi is an American chef, author, entrepreneur, and TV personality who is best known as the founder of the bakery known as Milk Bar (2008) which functions in several locations across North America. She is widely considered as one of the best pastry and dessert chefs in the United States and is an expert in French, Italian, and Southern American cuisine. She has served as one of the judges on the globally popular cooking-based reality TV series MasterChef (2015-2018) and MasterChef Junior (2015-2019). As an author, she has published the cookbooks Momofuku Milk Bar (2011), Milk Bar Life (2015), and All About Cake (2018). In 2016, Crain’s New York Business, a publishing giant, had included her in its annual list of the ‘Top 40 Businesspersons in New York City’ who are under the age of 40.
Christina Sylvia Tosi
Ohio, United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Christina had attended the Lee High School in Springfield, Virginia. After her high school graduation, she had studied electrical engineering at the University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science. However, after a year, she dropped out and moved to Florence, Italy, to see if she could work as a translator. She returned to the United States some months later and eventually graduated from the James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. She then moved to New York and graduated from the French Culinary Institute‘s (now known as International Culinary Center) pastry arts program in 2004.
Chef, Author, Entrepreneur, TV Personality
- Father – He was a renowned agricultural economist.
- Mother – Greta Tosi-Miller (Accountant)
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christina has dated –
- Will Guidara (2016–Present) – Christina got married to New York City-based restaurateur Will Guidara on July 30, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American and Italian descent.
- Petite frame
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
- Straight, shoulder-length hair
Christina has promoted brands such as –
- American Express
- Estée Lauder
She has also been featured in a TV commercial for automobile manufacturer Subaru (2014).
Christina Tosi Facts
- Born in the state of Ohio, Christina was raised primarily in Springfield, Virginia where her parents had moved when she was very young.
- She broke into the culinary field working at the now-defunct fine dining restaurants Bouley and wd~50, both in Manhattan. She had also co-written the latter’s ‘Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point’ plan.
- In 2005, she was hired by restaurateur David Chang to write food safety plans for Momofuku‘s chain of restaurants. David was so impressed that he asked her to run his pastry program. She managed to overhaul a menu with no desserts to a catalog that later went on to be known for its pastries and sweets.
- She has won the coveted James Beard Award in the categories of ‘Rising Star Chef’ (2012) and ‘Outstanding Pastry Chef’ (2015). In 2014, she was a finalist in the category of ‘Outstanding Pastry Chef’.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and a keen practitioner of high kicks as a workout routine.
Featured Image by Christina Tosi / Instagram