|Evan Ross Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1988|
Evan Ross is an American actor, musician, producer, and voiceover artist who is the son of the late mountaineer Arne Næss Jr. and the Supremes lead singer Diana Ross and has been cast in shows and movies like CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, All of Us, Wicked City, Star, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, The Curse of Buckout Road, Just Before I Go, Life Is Hot in Cracktown, Gardens of the Night, Black Water Transit, 96 Minutes, Pink Skies Ahead, The United States vs. Billie Holiday, and Jeff, Who Lives at Home.
Evan Olav Næss
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Evan attended Greenwich High School in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Actor, Musician, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Arne Næss, Jr. (Businessman, Shipping Magnate, Mountaineer) (Killed in a mountain climbing accident in South Africa in 2004)
- Mother – Diana Ross (Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Actress, Record Producer, Film Producer, Television Producer, Screenwriter, Entertainer)
- Siblings – Tracee Ellis Ross (Maternal Half-Sister) (Actress), Rhonda Ross Kendrick (Maternal Half-Sister) (Actress), Chudney Ross (Maternal Half-Sister), Christoffer Naess (Paternal Half-Brother), Nicklas Naess (Paternal Half-Brother), Louis Naess (Paternal Half-Brother), Leona Næss (Maternal Half-Sister) (Singer), Katinka Naess (Maternal Half-Sister), Ross Næss (Older Brother) (Singer)
- Others – August Oskar German Raab (Paternal Grandfather), Kirsten “Kiki” Dekke Næss (Paternal Grandmother), Fred Earl Ross (Maternal Grandfather), Ernestine Lillian Moten (Maternal Grandmother)
Evan Ross has been signed to –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- LINK Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
72 kg or 159lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Evan Ross has dated –
- Hayden Panettiere (2007) – In 2007, Evan was rumored to have had a fling with actress Hayden Panettiere.
- Kim Kardashian West (2007) – In May 2007, Evan had an encounter with reality TV star, Kim Kardashian West.
- Aubrey O’Day (2007-2008) – From 2007 to 2008, Evan dated singer Aubrey O’Day for a couple of months. She is about 4 years his senior.
- Lindsay Lohan (2008) – In January 2008, actress Lindsay Lohan was rumored to have had a fling with Evan Ross.
- Brittany Snow (2008) – Evan again had an encounter with actress Brittany Snow in May 2008. Their pics of being together can be seen at X17Online.com.
- Cora Skinner (2008-2012) – This was quite a long relationship. From late 2008 to 2012, Evan was romantically linked to a glamour model and actress Cora Skinner.
- Rita Ora (2013) – British singer, Rita Ora and Evan were seen kissing each other at a party in New York in January 2013. The duo was rumored to be dating each other.
- Ashlee Simpson (2013-Present) – Singer Ashlee Simpson and Evan started dating on June 30, 2013. In January 2014, the couple got engaged. The couple tied the knot on August 30, 2014, at Ross’s mother’s estate in Connecticut. They went on a honeymoon to Bali. Evan has one stepson, Bronx Mowgli (born – 2008), who is the child of musician Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson. In July 2015, the couple had their own child, daughter Jagger Snow. In April 2020, they revealed that they were expecting their second child (Ashlee’s third) together which they finally welcomed on October 29, 2020, with son Ziggy Blu.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
Evan has German, Danish, and Norwegian ancestry on his father’s side while he is of African-American descent on his mother’s side.
He is speculated to be Christian.
Best Known For
Playing Dallas Austin in the CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story (2013), and Messalla in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014).
As a Singer
He started recording his debut single in 2007. After four years, on February 25, 2011, Evan released the single titled “Yes Me.” It was produced by Tony DeNiro and written by both Tony and Evan.
He has appeared in the 1999 musical film Double Platinum for his role as an audience member. It was a TV film and his role is not credited in the film.
Post that, Evan appeared in the coming-of-age drama film ATL released in 2006. He starred in that film as Anton “Ant” Swann.
First TV Show
In 2010, Ross had a recurring role in the teen drama series 90210 for his role as Charlie Selby.
Evan Ross Facts
- Ross is good friends with Austin Brown, Riley Keough, and Ryan Cabrera.
- He is the grand-nephew of Arne Næss.
- He started his acting career when he was still in school.
- He appeared as Amare McCarter in the drama television film, Life Support, in 2007 and this performance got him nominated for an NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Actor in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special”.
- He played the role of Andre “Dre” in the 2011 crime thriller film, 96 Minutes. This role was recognized as the “Breakthrough Performance” at the SXSW Film Festival.
- In the 2013 biographical film CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, Evan played the role of music producer Dallas Austin.
- Along with model Cora Skinner, he appeared in the music video of “Just Go” by Lionel Richie. In 2006, he also appeared in the music video of “What You Know” by rap artist T.I.
- He has nine siblings and is the youngest among all the five children of Diana Ross.
- Evan Ross’s mom Diana (being a single mom too) hates Ashlee Simpson.