Evan Olav Næss
Greenwich, Connecticut, U.S.
Evan attended Greenwich High School in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- Father – Arne Næss, Jr. (Businessman and mountaineer) (Killed in a mountain climbing accident in South Africa in 2004)
- Mother – Diana Ross (Entertainer)
- Siblings – Tracee Ellis Ross (Maternal Half-Sister) (Actress), Rhonda Ross Kendrick (Maternal Half-Sister) (Actress), Chudney Ross (Maternal Half-Sister), Christoffer Naess (Paternal Half-Brother), Nicklas Naess (Paternal Half-Brother), Louis Naess (Paternal Half-Brother), Leona Næss (Maternal Half-Sister) (Singer), Katinka Naess (Maternal Half-Sister), Ross Næss (Older Brother) (Singer)
Evan Ross is signed to Paradigm Talent Agency.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Evan Ross dated –
- Hayden Panettiere (2007) – In 2007, Evan was rumored to have had a fling with actress Hayden Panettiere.
- Kim Kardashian West (2007) – In May 2007, Evan had an encounter with reality TV star, Kim Kardashian West.
- Aubrey O’Day (2007-2008) – From 2007 to 2008, Evan dated singer Aubrey O’Day for a couple of months. She is about 4 years his senior.
- Lindsay Lohan (2008) – In January 2008, actress Lindsay Lohan was rumored to have had a fling with Evan Ross.
- Brittany Snow (2008) – Evan again had an encounter with actress Brittany Snow in May 2008. Their pics of being together can be seen at X17Online.com.
- Cora Skinner (2008-2012) – This was quite a long relationship. From late 2008 to 2012, Evan was romantically linked to glamour model and actress Cora Skinner.
- Rita Ora (2013) – British singer, Rita Ora and Evan were seen kissing each other at a party in New York in January 2013. The duo was rumored to be dating each other.
- Ashlee Simpson (2013-Present) – Singer Ashlee Simpson and Evan started dating on June 30, 2013. In January 2014, the couple got engaged. The couple tied knots on August 30, 2014, at Ross’s mother’s estate in Connecticut. They went for honeymoon in Bali. Evan has one stepson, Bronx Mowgli (born – 2008), who is the child of musician Pete Wentz and Ashlee Simpson. In July 2015, the couple had their own child, daughter Jagger Snow.
Race / Ethnicity
Evan has German and Norwegian ancestry on his father’s side, while he is of American descent on his mother’s side.
He is speculated to be Christian.
Best Known For
Playing Dallas Austin in the CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story (2013), and Messalla in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014).
As a Singer
He started recording his debut single in 2007. After four years, on February 25, 2011, Evan released the single titled “Yes Me.” It was produced by Tony DeNiro and written by both Tony and Evan.
He has appeared in 1999 musical film Double Platinum for his role as an audience member. It was a TV film and his role is not credited in the film.
Post that, Evan appeared in the coming-of-age drama film ATL released in 2006. He starred in that film as Anton “Ant” Swann.
First TV Show
In 2010, Ross had a recurring role in the teen drama series 90210 for his role as Charlie Selby.
Evan Ross Facts
- Ross is good friends with Austin Brown, Riley Keough, and Ryan Cabrera.
- He is the grand-nephew of Arne Næss.
- He started his acting career when he was still in school.
- In the 2013 biographical film CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, Evan played the role of music producer Dallas Austin.
- Along with model Cora Skinner, he appeared in the music video of “Just Go” by Lionel Richie. In 2006, he also appeared in the music video of “What You Know” by rap artist T.I.
- He has nine siblings and is the youngest among all the five children of Diana Ross.
- Evan Ross’s mom Diana (being a single mom too) hates Ashlee Simpson.