|Christopher Abbott Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Christopher Abbott started his acting career by working in a couple of off-Broadway productions. As a theatre artist, he earned great acclaim for his work in the New York Production of the 2-act play, That Face. His performances were noted by Hollywood casting directors and he got his breakthrough with the TV series, Girls. Later, he appeared in the critically acclaimed indie movie, Hello I Must Be Going. Since then, he has built his portfolio with some solid work in Hollywood and intense performances in various theatre productions.
Christopher Jacob Abbott
Greenwich, Connecticut, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Christopher Abbott went to the Norwalk Community College. However, shortly after getting enrolled, he started studying acting at HB Studio.
- Father – Orville Abbott
- Mother – Anna Abbott
- Siblings – Christina Abbott (Older Sister)
- Others – Angelo Servidio (Maternal Grandfather), Angelina Bottino (Maternal Grandmother)
Christopher Abbott is represented by Beverly Hills-based Management 360.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Christopher Abbott has dated –
- Olivia Cooke (2015-2016) – Christopher was first romantically linked with English actress, Olivia Cooke, in 2015. They made their relationship public by walking the red carpet together at the 25th Annual Gotham Independent Flim Awards in November 2015. It was reported that they had grown closer while working in the independent drama movie, Katie Says Goodbye. Overall, they kept their relationship lowkey but seem to have separated in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Portuguese and Eastern European ancestry on his father’s side while he is of Italian descent on his mother’s side.
Often keeps medium beard
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Charlie Dattolo in the comedy-drama series Girls
- Being cast in the role of Mason Tannetti for the 1st season of the crime drama TV series, The Sinner
- Starring in lead roles in some of the popular movies such as Hello I Must Be Going, James White, and The Sleepwalker
In 2011, he made his theatrical film debut in the thriller drama movie, Martha Marcy May Marlene, which had Elizabeth Olsen, John Hawkes, and Sarah Paulson in the leading roles.
First TV Show
In 2009, Christopher Abbott made his first TV show appearance on the Pill-O-Matix episode of the medical comedy series, Nurse Jackie.
Christopher Abbott Favorite Things
- Role Model For Creative Life – John Cassavetes
Source – IMDb
Christopher Abbott Facts
- He got his mainstream breakthrough with his role in the HBO series, Girls, in April 2012. However, in September 2013, he decided to walk out of the show as he wasn’t feeling the character on the personal level. But, he did return to the show to make an appearance in The Panic in Central Park episode in March 2016.
- During his teens, he used to work at the local video store. Later, he also worked at his friend’s wine shop.
- Christopher was inspired to take up acting as a profession after having taken a theatre class while studying in a community college.
- In 2006, he decided to shift his base to New York City so that he could be close to HB Studio where he was taking his acting classes.
- He got his first acting gig while he was still taking classes at the HB Studio. He had gone for an open call for a play and managed to bag a role in an off-Broadway play, Good Boys and True, which opened in Spring 2008.
- In his early days in New York City, Christopher did a number of odd jobs such as working for his carpenter friend to make the ends meet.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Christopher Abbott Fan Account / Instagram