|Claude Kelly Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Claude Kelly is an American singer, songwriter, and music producer who has been nominated multiple times for a Grammy Award and has written or co-written songs for globally popular musical artists/groups such as Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, Jennifer Lopez, and One Direction. He is one half of the R&B duo Louis York and is the co-founder of the independent record label and artist collective named Weirdo Workshop.
New York City, New York, United States
Franklin, Williamson County, Tennessee, United States
Claude studied piano and flute at the Third Street Music School Settlement, a community music school in New York City. For his formal education, he attended Grace Church School and Riverdale Country School, both in New York City.
After his high school graduation, he attended the prestigious Berklee College of Music in Boston and graduated in 2002 with a degree in music business/management.
Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer
Pop, R&B, Soul, Dance, Country
- Weirdo Workshop
- RED Music
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-Jamaican descent.
- Affable smile
- Mildly stocky frame
- Often sports a thick beard
- Gleaming face
Claude Kelly Facts
- Claude’s first major musical influence was his mother who introduced him to varied styles of music such as jazz, reggae, blues, and R&B.
- During his teenage years, he used to sing with the New York Boys Choir. Post his graduation from Berklee, he first worked as a session singer before writing his own songs.
- One of his very first songs, titled You’re Taking It, was placed in a CD compilation for the Japanese clothing line A Bathing Ape.
- Claude was the co-writer, with Akon, of the song titled Hold My Hand. It was initially meant to be sung by Whitney Houston but Akon loved the song so much that he recorded it as a duet with Michael Jackson in 2008. The song was eventually released in 2010, in Jackson’s posthumous album, Michael.
- He was nominated for a Grammy Award for 3 years in succession, from 2011 to 2013, in the category ‘Best R&B Song’.
- He was the vocal producer for the US version of reality TV series, The X Factor in 2011 and 2012.
Featured Image by Claude Kelly / Instagram