|Colin Kaepernick Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Colin Kaepernick is an American civil rights activist and former football quarterback who is best known for his football career with the San Francisco 49ers from 2011 to 2016. He later became a free agent at the start of the 2017 league year. Colin has received a variety of honors such as Western Athletic Conference‘s “Offensive Player of the Year”, GQ Magazine‘s “Citizen of the Year”, Sports Illustrated‘s “Muhammad Ali Legacy Award”, and Harvard University‘s “W. E. B. Du Bois Medal”.
Colin Rand Kaepernick
Pig Socks, Kap
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Colin Kaepernick started his education in a grade school in Turlock, California. He got his high school education from John H. Pitman High School. He received a sports scholarship from the
He received a sports scholarship from the University of Nevada, Reno and graduated in December 2010 with a business management bachelor’s degree.
Professional NFL Player
- Father – Rick Kaepernick
- Mother – Teresa Kaepernick
- Siblings – Kyle Kaepernick (Older Brother), Devon Kaepernick (Older Sister)
Note – Colin Kaepernick was born to 19-year-old Heidi Russo. His birth father had abandoned his mother even before his birth. Russo was single and poor, so decided to give up her son for adoption.
Kaepernick is represented by Scott Smith XAM Sports.
However, his restructured deal in 2016 with the San Francisco 49ers was negotiated by Jeff Nalley of Select Sports Group.
6 ft 4½ in or 194 cm
104 kg or 230 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin Kaepernick has dated –
- Corban Fennel (2011-2012) – Colin went out with Corban Fennel for a year before dumping her in 2012. Corban took to her Twitter account to blast Colin for dumping her after becoming a starter for his NFL team. She also tried to throw shade on his new girlfriend.
- Marie (2012-2013) – Kaepernick had a short-lived affair with model J. Marie after dumping Fennel. They went separate ways in February 2013.
- Micha Auzenne (2013) – Colin started dating track and field athlete, Micha Auzenne in October 2013. Apparently, Micha was a 49ers fan and shared her pictures wearing the famous jersey on her Instagram account.
- Stacy Dazzle (2013) – Colin was reported to have had a fling with model Stacy Dazzle. He had even given Stacy permission to conduct a photoshoot at his home.
- Sanaa Lathan (2013) – Actress Sanaa Lathan and Kaepernick were RUMORed to be an item in September 2013 after Sanaa shared a picture of them enjoying a Saturday night dinner on her Instagram account.
- Teyana Taylor (2013) – In late 2013, singer Teyana Taylor and Colin were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Stephanie Santiago – It is rumored that he had a fling with model and social media personality, Stephanie Santiago, in the past.
- Monica Hargrove (2013-2014) – Kaepernick started casual dating with track star, Monica Hargrove in 2013. In October, Monica was spotted attending 49ers match against Titans. Also, Colin was paying regular visits to Atlanta, where Monica lived.
- Blac Chyna (2014)
- Brittany Renner (2014) – Colin had a public relationship with model and social media star Brittany Renner from July 2014 to October 2014. He was portrayed as the character Evan in the chapter Flag on the play of her book Judge This Cover.
- Nessa Diab (2015-Present) – Colin started going out with television and radio host Nessa Diab in 2015. Their relationship became public knowledge after they attended a charity event together in 2016. Kaepernick’s ‘Take a Knee’ protest, and other activities have been attributed down to Nessa’s influence on him. A conservative congressman from Iowa, Steve King, even lashed out at Diab for making Colin sympathetic to ISIS. In August 2022, the couple revealed that they had welcomed their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
His birth mother was white, whereas his birth father was of African-American origin.
- Tall and athletic body
- Curly hair
Colin Kaepernick has had a long-term agreement with the sportswear giant, Nike. As part of the agreement, Kaepernick has to wear Nike-branded products for his professional games.
He also has a lucrative promotion deal with Jaguar and Beats By Dre.
Until March 2015, he had an endorsement deal with the exercise supplement firm MusclePharm.
Best Known For
- Playing as a quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers.
- His ‘Take a Knee’ protest during the rendition of US national anthem before the start of NFL games.
First American Football Match
Colin Kaepernick made his NFL debut against Philadelphia Eagles on October 2, 2011.
He was first seen as himself in the 2014 film Marvel & ESPN Films Present 1 of 1: Genesis.
First TV Show
Kaepernick made his first TV show appearance in the sports talk show Rome Is Burning as himself (guest) in 2011.
Before the start of the 2015 season, Colin Kaepernick followed workout designed by Ryan Capretta of ProActive Sports Performance. The workout was divided into two sections. The first being field work drills that aimed at improving his muscle memory and ability to perform in game situations. These drills were followed by strength work in the gym.
The strength training workout was divided into two sets of 14 exercises. Exercises in each set had to be performed in a circuit with no rest between them. These exercises were mostly focused on improving stability and to enhance his explosiveness that would take his game to the next level.
You can find his pre-season workout on Stack.com.
Colin also performs yoga once in a week, which helps him deal with the mental side of the game in a better way and helps prevent injuries.
Colin Kaepernick Favorite Things
- Sneakers – Jordan’s He Got Game’s, LeBron Corks, and Versace Sneakers
- Role Model – His parents
Source – 49ers.com
Colin Kaepernick Facts
- Colin loves sneakers and is an avid collector as well. He has more than 300 pairs of sneakers.
- While in high school, he excelled in football, baseball, and basketball and managed to make it to the All-Star selection in his senior year in all three sports.
- As a pitcher on his high school team, he was declared Northern California athlete of the week.
- Colin Kaepernick was selected by the Chicago Cubs in the 43rd round in the 2009 Major League Baseball draft. However, he rejected the opportunity to join Cubs as he wanted to focus on his football career.
- He was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the 36th round of the 2011 National Football League draft.
- In June 2014, Kaepernick inked a six-year contract extension with the 49ers. The contract was reported to be worth $126 million which included $54 million as potential guarantees. On March 3, 2017, he announced that he had decided to out of his contract and later became a free agent at the start of the 2017 league year.
- He started following a vegan diet in 2015.
- In 2016, Colin kneeled during the U.S. national anthem at the start of an NFL game in protest of racial inequality and police brutality in the United States.
- His signature touchdown celebration, in which he flexes and kisses the bicep of his right arm, has been called – Kaepernicking. He has filed a patent to secure an exclusive right to it.
- He has a huge tattoo of angels fighting against demons on his back. He also has a Bible verse Psalm 18:39 written vertically on his right arm.
- He regularly makes donations to the Camp Taylor charity, which works to support children with congenital heart problems.
- At the age of 10, Kaepernick got a pet tortoise, whom he named Sammy. Sammy has grown on to weigh over 115 pounds.
- Visit his official website @ kaepernick7.com.