|Colton Ryan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1995|
Colton Ryan is an American actor and singer who catapulted to fame making his Broadway debut portraying Evan Hansen along with doubling as the characters Jared Kleinman and Connor Murphy, in the Tony-winning stage musical Dear Evan Hansen (2016–2017). He solidified his stardom with his other stellar performances such as playing the part of Gene Laine in the musical Girl from the North Country (2018, 2020). Colton has also appeared in several television shows including the Apple TV+ musical drama series Little Voice (2020) in which he essayed the main role of Samuel, and he has been featured in numerous films as well, like the comedy Adam (2019). Colton is the recipient of many accolades such as the Theatre World Award in 2019.
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
A performer even as a kid, he had enrolled in the School for the Creative and Performing Arts. After that, he pursued his undergraduate degree in the Baldwin Wallace Music Theater Program at Baldwin Wallace University.
His acting career took off in 2015 while he was going to Baldwin Wallace University when he portrayed Dickon in the Idaho Shakespeare Festival production of the musical The Secret Garden. He graduated in 2017, obtaining his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
- Siblings – Kaitlyn Ryan (Sister)
He has been represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Adrian – He has been in a relationship with Adrian.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent on his father’s side of the family.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
Colton Ryan Favorite Things
- Passion – Yoga that he has practiced a lot
Source – Just Jared
Colton Ryan Facts
- He was brought up in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Colton got a black belt in Taekwondo after desperately wanting to be a Power Ranger.
- He used to have a birthmark on his left cheek that was almost the size of a penny. It was removed after which it left a scar. He has had fun purposefully not explaining the mark to see them wondering.
- Colton had gifted his girlfriend a dog, naming him Rumble, for their first Christmas together.
- His father was born as well as raised in Ireland and was so Irish that his family had a pub that was adjoined to their house.
- He had once misplaced his retainer at lunch on the day of Thanksgiving break following which his parents had made him climb in the dumpster to search for it. They succeeded in finding it and he also wore it again.
- Colton has recalled that he would burst into tears whenever he had to speak in front of the class, due to extreme stage fright, yet he went on to chose to act as his career.
- He used to be a tuba player all through his middle school.
- He has disclosed that it had been a lot of fun to form a musical bond with actress and singer Brittany O’Grady while shooting for Little Voice. Most of the time she was comforting him as he was the one having to actively look like he was the seasoned guitar player and supporting her, and they ended up falling into a great friendship.
Featured Image by Colton Ryan / Instagram