|Connor McDavid Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 13, 1997|
Connor McDavid is a Canadian professional ice hockey player who has represented, as a center, the Edmonton Oilers (2015–16-Present) in the National Hockey League (NHL). He is widely regarded as one of the greatest players of his generation and was made the captain of the team in October 2016, the then youngest captain in NHL history. He was named in the ‘NHL All-Rookie Team’ (2016) and the ‘NHL First All-Star Team’ (2017, 2018, 2019). For his performances, he has also been included in the ‘NHL All-Star Game’ for 4 years in a row (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020).
Connor Andrew McDavid
Canadian Super Promise, Connie, Connor McHockey, M’David, McFluff, McJesus, McSaviour, The Chosen One, The Next Sidney Crosby
Richmond Hill, York Region, Ontario, Canada
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Connor, after his high school graduation, had considered attending the Boston University, a private research university in Massachusetts, and playing for their Boston University Terriers ice hockey team.
However, he had later decided to not move to the United States and instead play in the developmental OHL (Ontario Hockey League), one of the three major junior ice hockey leagues which constitute the Canadian Hockey League.
Professional Ice Hockey Player
- Father – Brian McDavid
- Mother – Kelly McDavid
- Siblings – Cameron McDavid (Older Brother)
- Others – Peter McNamara (Maternal Grandfather), Margo Hallworth (Maternal Grandmother)
- 97, 17 – Canada
- 97 – Edmonton Oilers
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Connor has dated –
- Lauren Kyle (2016-Present) – Connor had started dating interior designer Lauren Kyle in 2016. In November 2020, pictures of a house in Edmonton that the couple had conceptualized and designed together had gone viral on social media. The photographs were originally published in July 2020 in Edify, an Edmonton-based magazine.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Sports a thin beard
- Affable smile
Connor McDavid Favorite Things
- Ice Hockey Teams – Toronto Maple Leafs, Pittsburgh Penguins
- Ice Hockey Player – Sidney Crosby
- Basketball Team – Toronto Raptors
- Baseball Team – Toronto Blue Jays
Source – Wikipedia
Connor McDavid Facts
- A teen prodigy, Connor was picked 1st overall by the Edmonton Oilers in the 2015 NHL Draft.
- In both the 2016-17 and the 2017-2018 seasons of the NHL, he had won both the ‘Art Ross Trophy’ (presented annually to the league leader in points (goals plus assists) at the end of the regular NHL season) and the ‘Ted Lindsay Award’ (presented annually to the NHL‘s most outstanding player in the regular season, as judged by the NHL Players’ Association).
- Representing Canada, he had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2013 IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) World Under-18 Championships, the 2015 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship, as well as the 2016 Ice Hockey World Championships. For his performances in the first of those tournaments, he was named the tournament’s ‘Most Valuable Player’ as well as its ‘Best Forward’. In the 2nd of those tournaments, he was named in the tournament’s ‘All-Star Team’.
- In the first of those seasons, he had also won the ‘Hart Memorial Trophy’ (presented annually to the NHL players most valuable to their teams).
Featured Image by Connor McDavid / Instagram