|Conor Gallagher Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 2000|
|Girlfriend||Aine May Kennedy|
Conor Gallagher is an English professional soccer player who has represented, as a midfielder, Chelsea F.C. (2019-Present) in England. In May 2019, he was an unused substitute for Chelsea F.C. in the final of the UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Europa League (the second-tier intercontinental club competition in European soccer, ranking below the UEFA Champions League), collecting a winner’s medal. For the 2018–19 season, he was also named the club’s ‘Academy Player of the Year’. He has spent loan spells with multiple other English clubs – Charlton Athletic F.C. (2019-2020), Swansea City A.F.C. (2020), West Bromwich Albion F.C. (2020-2021), and Crystal Palace F.C. (2021-2022). At the international level, Conor represented England at the under-17, under-18, under-19, under-20, and under-21 tiers before making his senior national debut in November 2021. With England, Conor won the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association) Under-17 World Cup in 2017. This was the 1st time that England had won this title. In November 2022, he was named to England’s squad for the 2022 edition of the FIFA World Cup.
Conor John Gallagher
Epsom, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Conor had attended the Howard of Effingham School, a co-educational secondary school and sixth form located in the village of Effingham, Surrey.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Lee Gallagher
- Mother – Samantha Gallagher
- Siblings – Jake Gallagher (Older Brother) (Soccer Player), Josh Gallagher (Older Brother) (Soccer Player), Dan Gallagher (Older Brother) (Soccer Player). Josh and Jake are twins.
- 18, 24, 21, 8 – England
- 51, 23 – Chelsea F.C.
- 11 – Charlton Athletic F.C.
- 33 – Swansea City A.F.C.
- 18 – West Bromwich Albion F.C.
- 23 – Crystal Palace F.C.
6 ft or 183 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Conor has dated –
- Aine May Kennedy (2018–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, overgrown hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Conor Gallagher Facts
- Conor grew up in a family of Chelsea F.C. fans and used to live at a place that was a 10-minute drive away from the club’s training ground in Stoke d’Abernon, a village and former civil parish in the borough of Elmbridge in Surrey.
- A child prodigy, he started his youth career with a local club called Epsom Eagles before joining Chelsea F.C.‘s youth system in 2008 as an 8-year-old. He would stay in that system until 2019, having signed a new contract with the club in October 2018. In 2018, he also underwent minor heart surgery.
- In November 2021, during a loan spell with Crystal Palace F.C., Conor had to deal with homophobic chants from a group of fans who were supporting Leeds United F.C. The club then issued a statement expressing its condemnation of the incident and its support for Conor.
- By the start of December 2021, he had scored 6 goals and recorded 3 assists for Crystal Palace F.C., the most by any player aged 21 or under in the Premier League (the highest level of the men’s English soccer league system). For his performances in the 2021–22 season, he was named Crystal Palace F.C.‘s ‘Player of the Year’.
- In April 2022, Conor was prevented by his parent club Chelsea F.C. from playing against them in the semi-final of the FA Cup, an annual knockout soccer competition in England that was first played during the 1871–72 season and is, thus, the oldest national soccer competition in the world. Chelsea F.C. went on to defeat Crystal Palace F.C. by a 2–0 margin in that match.
Featured Image by Conor Gallagher / Instagram