|Cooper Hefner Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1991|
|Spouse||Scarlett Hannah Byrne|
Cooper Hefner is the youngest of Playboy founder, Hugh Hefner’s children. He worked to promote the Playboy brand through most of his early and mid-20s. In December 2019, he left his father’s company to enlist in the US Air Force Reserve while continuing to serve as an advisor on the board of several foundations.
Cooper Bradford Hefner
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Cooper graduated from Ojai Valley Private Independent Boarding School in California.
Owing to his father’s donation of millions to the University of Southern California, he was entitled to a legacy admission in that institution. However, he decided to bypass that opportunity to get a Bachelor’s degree from Chapman University, Orange County because the latter opportunity did not feel like a handout. He majored in Film Production.
Entrepreneur, Writer, Teacher at Chapman University, member of Chapman’s Board of Governors, Advisor on the Board of German Marshall Fund & Children of the Night non-profit organization, Director of HMH Foundation Board, Former member of California State Military Reserve, Enlisted in the United States Air Force in December 2019
- Father – Hugh Hefner (Founder and Editor-in-chief of Playboy magazine) (1926-2017)
- Mother – Kimberly Coonradt aka Conrad (Former Model, Actress, Playboy Playmate January 1988, Playmate of the Year 1989)
- Siblings – Marston Glenn Hefner (Older Brother) (Writer, English Teacher)
- Others – Christie Ann Hefner (Older Half-Sister) (Entrepreneur, Serves on the Advisory Board of several companies), David Hefner (Older Half-Brother) (Computer Systems Analyst), Glenn Lucius Hefner (Paternal Grandfather) (Accountant), Grace Caroline Hefner née Swanson (Paternal Grandmother) (Teacher), Keith Edwin Hefner (Paternal Uncle) (Actor, Playboy Executive)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Scarlett Hannah Byrne (2011–Present) – Cooper got introduced to the Harry Potter franchise actress, Scarlett through mutual friend Scout Willis (Demi Moore & Bruce Willis’s daughter). After dating for several years, the couple announced their engagement in 2015 and got married in November 2019. In March 2020, they revealed that they were expecting their first child. In August 2021, they welcomed a daughter named Betsy Rose. In November 2021, it was revealed that Scarlett was again pregnant and they were expecting twins. The couple welcomed twin girls named Marigold Adele Hefner and Blossom Pearl Hefner on March 26, 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, English, and Swedish descent on his paternal side and has Canadian and German ancestry on his maternal side.
- Long neck
- Protruding chin
- Has a signature tight-lipped smile in front of the camera
He formerly served as the brand ambassador of Playboy enterprises.
Cooper Hefner Facts
- His parents waited to get officially divorced until he turned 18.
- Till the time he enrolled in college, Cooper grew up in the house next door to the Playboy mansion connected to it via a gate which became the residence of Daren Metropoulos after his parents got divorced.
- Cooper started working at Playboy Enterprises, Inc. at the age of 21. He briefly left the company in early 2016 due to differences with then CEO, Scott Flanders. However, when Scott moved on to take the reins at eHealth, Inc. as CEO, Cooper returned to Playboy in July 2016 to assume his father’s designation of Chief Creative Officer in the company when Hugh Hefner decided to retire from that role.
- The youngest Hefner claims to be a liberal who favors the United States armed forces and does not like the controlling approach the Conservatives hold towards the military.
- He is a published author of several op-eds discussing Politics, Culture, and Philosophy and launched a media startup company called Hop (Hefner Operations & Productions) aimed at creating content and events for the millennial audience.
- Cooper was responsible for bringing back n*de images to the Playboy magazine in February 2017 and made the brand more inclusive by featuring the first transgender playmate in the centerfold of the November 2017 issue. The latter move got him a nomination for the 2018 NatWest British LGBT award.
- He was featured in the Forbes‘ “30 under 30” list of 2018 and included in 2017 Folio: 100 Honorees for his contribution to the magazine media industry.
- For 3 months, he served as Chief of global partnerships for Playboy. He quit his senior corporate role with the intention to launch yet another digital content platform called Hefpost (later switched the name to StagDaily). However, he dropped all his plans to launch the media startup to join the United States Air Force in December 2019.
- Cooper has expressed interest in running for government office.
Featured Image by Cooper Hefner / Instagram