|Corentin Tolisso Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1994|
Corentin Tolisso is a French midfielder who combines his strong physical attributes with his immense technical ability and passing skills to deliver strong all-around performances. Also, unlike many other precocious players, he has shown the willingness to put his head down and work on his game. He also likes to keep his personal life low key and doesn’t attract any undue attraction to it. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Corentin Tolisso polished his soccer skills at the youth academy of Olympique Lyon.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Vincent Tolisso
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has a sister.
Corentin Tolisso is represented by Frederic Guerra.
24 – Bayern Munich, Olympique Lyon
8 – Olympique Lyon
12 – France National Team
6 – France National Team
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
In July 2018, one of the most popular Bayern Munich Twitter fan pages claimed that Tolisso was dating someone named Laura. They even posted Laura’s picture from the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
On his father’s side, he has Togolese ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of French descent.
- Often has a slight beard
- Corentin Tolisso has signed an endorsement deal with Nike as part of which, he is required to wear Nike footwear for his professional matches.
- He has also used his social media presence and activity to promote brands and products such as Balr (Lifestyle fashion brand).
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being one of the finest young midfielders. His all-around play makes him useful for the team in attacking as well as defensive phases.
- Having played 160 matches for the French giants, Lyon. He also managed to score 29 goals for the team as well.
First Soccer Match
- In August 2013, he made his professional debut with Lyon in their Ligue 1 match against Nice. He was sent in the 92nd minute by Remi Garde in his side’s 4-0 win.
- In August 2017, he made his first appearance for Bayern Munich in their German Supercup match against Borussia Dortmund. His side won the penalty shootout to win the cup.
- In March 2017, he made his debut for the French National Team in a friendly match against Spain. He replaced Thomas Lemar in the 80th minute.
- Work rate
- Technical Ability
- Range of passing
- Passing accuracy
- Aerial ability
- Long range shots
- Lack of consistency
- Loses composure on some occasions
- Often tries too many things
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
In 2018, Corentin Tolisso made his first TV show appearance in The Playmakers episode of sports documentary series, Phenoms.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Corentin Tolisso Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Corentin Tolisso Facts
- Tolisso started his soccer journey with the local side Stade Amplepuisien. He turned out for them for 4 years before moving to FC Pays de l’Arbresle with whom he stayed for 3 years.
- At the age of 13, Tolisso was signed up by the youth academy of Lyon. He signed his first contract with the club in November 2013.
- He scored his first senior goal in March 2014 in Lyon‘s 2-1 victory over Bordeaux. His goal was the injury time winner.
- In the summer of 2015, he signed an improved deal with Lyon and extended his stay with the club until 2020.
- In July 2016, the Italian side Napoli submitted a €37.5 million bid with Lyon. However, the move was rejected by Tolisso, who felt that he could make better progress with the French side.
- In October 2016, he got an opportunity to captain Lyon in their home match against Saint-Étienne at Lyon‘s new stadium, Parc Olympique Lyonnais.
- In February 2017, he was sent off for the first time in his senior career for a poor foul on Rachid Ghezzal in Lyon‘s defeat to Saint-Étienne. After the match, club president, Jean-Michel Aulas revealed that he was going to punish him for his indiscipline.
- He finished the 2016-17 season with 14 goals and 7 assists in 47 matches. His strong performances attracted interest from leading clubs including Juventus FC as it was claimed that the Italian side wanted him to replace Claudio Marchisio.
- In July 2017, it was announced that Bayern Munich had paid Lyon €41.5 million to secure Tolisso’s services. The transfer deal promised further €6 million in potential bonuses.
- With his transfer to Bayern Munich, he became the most expensive player to be bought by Bayern Munich, breaking the previous record of €40 million that Munich paid to sign Javi Martinez from Athletic Bilbao. It was also the highest fees paid by any German club.
- Before he turned out for French senior team, he was heavily courted by Togo to represent them. Their manager Claude Le Roy publicly revealed that he was trying to convince Tolisso to play for the African nation. However, Tolisso decided to play for France as he felt loyalty for the country he was born in and grew up in.
- In July 2018, he provided an assist for Antoine Griezmann‘s goal against Uruguay in the 2018 FIFA World Cup quarter-final match.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Anton Zaitsev / www.soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0