|Corey Seager Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1994|
|Girlfriend||Madisyn Van Ham|
Corey Seager is an American professional baseball player who began representing, in September 2015, as a shortstop, the Los Angeles Dodgers in Major League Baseball (MLB). He was selected by the team in the 1st round of the 2012 MLB Draft and had made his major league debut for them in the 2015 season. He was named the ‘National League (NL) Rookie of the Year’ in 2016 and was selected for the MLB‘s annual ‘All-Star Game’ in both 2016 and 2017. In both of those years, he had also won the Silver Slugger Award for the shortstop position, an annual honor given to the best offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League.
Corey Drew Seager
Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Corey had completed his high school graduation from the Northwest Cabarrus High School in Concord, North Carolina.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – Jeff Seager
- Mother – Jody Seager
- Siblings – Kyle Seager (Older Brother) (Professional Baseball Player), Justin Seager (Older Brother) (Baseball Player)
- Others – Julie Seager (née Bentley) (Sister-in-Law), Crue Seager (Nephew). He has 2 nieces.
5 – Los Angeles Dodgers
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
97 kg or 214 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Corey has dated –
- Madisyn Van Ham (2015–Present) – Corey began dating Madisyn Van Ham in June 2015 and the couple got engaged in December 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
Corey Seager Facts
- He and his brothers were massive baseball fans since childhood. He and his older brother Kyle grew up supporting the New York Yankees and idolized Yankees‘ legendary shortstop Derek Jeter.
- While he was attending the Northwest Cabarrus High School, he had committed to join the University of South Carolina on a baseball scholarship. However, he had to give up on that after the Los Angeles Dodgers had picked him up in the 2012 MLB Draft. He was given a USD 2.35 million signing bonus to pick playing for the Dodgers over joining the university.
- In September 2015, in a game against the Arizona Diamondbacks, he had recorded a home run, a walk, and a stolen base, which had made him the 3rd-youngest player in history to accomplish the feat. Later that month, he had set a franchise record for the Dodgers by reaching base safely in his first 16 major league starts.
- In 2016, he had become the franchise’s youngest opening day starting shortstop since Gene Mauch in 1944. In June that year, he had become the youngest Dodgers shortstop since Kevin Elster in 2000 to hit 3 home runs in a single game. He was also the youngest shortstop in major league history to do so.
- In August 2020, he competed against his older brother Kyle for the first time in an MLB game and both of them recorded home runs. They became the first pair of brothers to do so in the same game since César and Felipe Crespo in June 2001.
Featured Image by Corey Seager / Instagram