|Courtney Ford Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1978|
Courtney Ford is a well-known actress from Huntington Beach, California, U.S. She started her career in 1998 with a minor role in the sports comedy movie BASEketball. However, she struggled for 10 years to find meaningful work in the show business and wanted to give up acting after Dexter screentest if she won’t get the role. But, she got a career-defining role in it as she was cast as Christine Hill in the recurring role for 11 episodes.
Huntington Beach, California, United States
Courtney Ford’s formal education information isn’t available.
- Father – Terrell E. Ford
- Mother – Jeanine Ford
- Siblings – J. R. Orci (Stepbrother), Roberto Orci (Older Stepbrother) (Screenwriter and Producer)
- Others – Everett Elmer Ford (Paternal Grandfather), Ramon/Raymond Nonato Aragon (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Frances Martin (Maternal Grandmother)
Courtney Ford is represented by Beverly Hills based Main Title Entertainment (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Courtney Ford has dated
- Brandon Routh (2003-Present) – Courtney Ford first met actor Brandon Routh, who is best known for playing Superman, in 2003 at the Lucky Strike Lanes Bar in Hollywood. Routh was working as a bartender at the establishment and during their meeting, Courtney kept on asking for cocktails while claiming the previous one was too strong so that she could chat with him for a longer period of time. He proposed to her in 2006 while they were in England for Superman Returns press tour. They were picnicking in Glastonbury when he got down on his knee in August 2006. They got married in November 2007 at the romantic wedding held at the El Captain Ranch in Santa Barbara. In August 2012, she gave birth to their son, whom they named Leo James Routh.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s side, she has Mexican ancestry, while, on her father’s side, she is of English and Irish descent.
- Green eyes
- High cheekbones
Best Known For
- Having portrayed Christine Hill in the popular crime drama TV series, Dexter.
- Being cast in the leading role of Jessica Crowder in the thriller TV movie, Kept Woman.
- Having made appearances in the popular TV series such as Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural, Parenthood, and True Blood.
In 1998, Ford made her theatrical film debut in the comedy sports movie, BASEketball. However, her appearance in the movie wasn’t credited.
Her first credited theatrical film appearance came in the sci-fi horror movie, Alien Raiders in September 2008.
First TV Show
In 2000, Courtney Ford made her first TV show appearance in Besieged episode of the crime drama TV series, Profiler. However, her work in the episode was uncredited.
Her first credited TV show appearance was in Saving Private Ryan episode of the UPN Network sitcom, Moesha in 2001.
Courtney Ford Facts
- In 2009, Variety included her in their “TV’s Top 10 To Watch: New Faces for Fall” feature.
- After having struggled to find meaningful work for 10 years, she was about to give up her acting career and had decided that her audition for Dexter was going to be her last screentest. However, in the last audition of her career, she managed to bag her career-defining role.
- She has been hired to voice the character of Maria Santiago in the popular game series, Gears of War.
- Courtney has taken her acting training from the iconic and prestigious, The Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
- She had a passion for acting from a very young age. Later, she moved to Los Angeles to give herself the best shot at an acting career.
- She has done extensive activism work for ServiceNation, which is a Boston based organization that aims to resurrect ethic of civic responsibility in the US through stints in various non-military national services.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Courtney Ford / Instagram