|Courtney Friel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1980|
Courtney Friel is an American news anchor and reporter on television who works for KTLA-TV in Los Angeles, California. She has covered entertainment for the Fox News Channel as well as for KTTV that was the Fox owned-and-operated station in Los Angeles. She has been a regular guest contributor on the Fox News late-night show Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld.
Courtney Dawn Friel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Santa Monica, California, United States
She went to Methacton High School in Eagleville, Pennsylvania, where she routinely made the televised morning announcements and was involved in the school’s media production class. She attended San Diego State University and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
News Anchor, Reporter, Author
- Father – Bernard Friel
- Mother – Lois Friel
- Siblings – Meredith Friel (Younger Sister), Lindsay Friel (Younger Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Carter Evans (2005-2016) – She tied the knot with the correspondent for CBS News Carter Evans in 2005. They got divorced in 2016. They have a son named Cash Hudson Evans (b. January 1, 2011) and a daughter named Cameron Kaiulani Evans (b. April 6, 2012).
- Jim Hecht (2019) – She got engaged to Jim Hecht in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Wide grin showing her pearly whites
She has endorsed several brands such as OMEGA.
Courtney Friel Favorite Things
- Fan Of – The music group The Band Perry
Source – IMDb
Courtney Friel Facts
- During her high school days, she was always trying to get her friends and teachers interviewed on camera.
- When she was in high school, she submitted a short video and was selected to appear in Channel One News‘ student-produced week in Los Angeles.
- Courtney has done some modeling in the past. She has appeared in men’s magazines like FHM and Maxim. She has often posted pictures from her other photoshoots on Instagram.
- Between 2002 and 2004, she had made it to the top 10 of pageants such as Miss California and Miss Tennessee.
- She has a cat named Tucker.
- Courtney has been all over the map over the past several years for her work in journalism. She has worked for a local television associate in Tennessee and has been an anchor for the World Poker Tour on The Travel Channel. She has been the field reporter on major programs and networks including Extra and E! Entertainment before finally becoming the news anchor at KTLA.
- Her autobiography titled Tonight at 10: Kicking Booze and Breaking News was published on December 30, 2019, and there she has given an honest account of her past addictions of alcohol and drugs, and her battles with her compulsions while trying to maintain normalcy in her life. She has mentioned episodes such as having to pay off the Mexican police in order to get her confiscated cocaine back and readers get an uncensored look at her life of partying and her final recovery.
Featured Image by Courtney Friel / Instagram