|Cris Cyborg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1985|
Cris Cyborg is a Brazillian-American mixed martial artist who is signed to Bellator MMA and competes in the Women’s Featherweight division. Cyborg, who happens to be a former UFC, Strikeforce, and Invicta FC World Featherweight Champion, is the only female fighter to hold world championships in three major MMA promotions. She rose to fame after winning the Strikeforce title on August 15, 2009, in a match against Gina Carano via first-round technical knockout (TKO).
Cristiane Justino Venâncio
Cris Cyborg is represented by Bellator MMA, Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cris Cyborg has dated –
- Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos (2005-2011) – Cyborg was previously married to MMA fighter Evangelist Santos aka Cyborg. She adopted his nickname and became known by the name Cris Cyborg even after they had decided to call it quits in December 2011.
- Ray Elbe (2017-Present) – She announced her engagement with her longtime sweetheart, trainer, and former MMA fighter Ray Elbe in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Latino and White)
She is of Brazilian-American descent.
- Thin Eyebrows
- Thick Lips
Cris Cyborg has endorsed brands such as –
- Fusion Labs
- PSO Rite
- Monster Energy
- Dacik Fit Foods
- Slim Soak
- Extract Labs
- The Dice Team
Cris Cyborg Facts
- Before fame, she was a national-level team handball player in her country Brazil.
- She made her United States MMA debut on July 26, 2008, in a victorious match against Shayna Baszler at EliteXC: Unfinished Business where she won in the 2nd round via TKO.
- During her early years, she competed against many top MMA fighters including Yoko Takahashi, Hitomi Akano, Marloes Coenen, Jan Finney, Hiroko Yamanaka, Fiona Muxlow, and many others.
- In 2009, she earned a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) Purple Belt under her instructor Cristiano Marcello.
- On September 23, 2011, Cyborg announced her comeback to face Hiroko Yamanaka. On December 17, the fight took place at Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal during which she won via TKO just 16 seconds of round one. However, it was later announced that she had tested positive for stanozolol, a banned substance for fighters, which resulted in the fight’s decision being changed to a “no contest”. Following the incident, Cyborg’s license was suspended for 1 year with a fine of $2,500.
- On February 15, 2013, she signed a multi-fight deal with Invicta Fighting Championships and made her debut in a match against Muxlow.
- In March 2015, she had signed with UFC and made her promotional debut at UFC 198 in a match against Leslie Smith at a catchweight of 140 pounds. Cyborg won her UFC debut fight by TKO in round one.
- On December 30, 2017, Cyborg fought Holly Holm at the UFC 219 during which she won the fight via unanimous decision. The victory also earned her first “Fight of the Night” bonus.
- On September 3, 2019, it was announced that she had signed a multi-fight deal with Bellator MMA. It was announced that she would be competing against Julia Budd on January 20, 2020, in Inglewood, California.
- After winning a fight against former Invicta bantamweight champion Yana Kunitskaya on March 3, 2018, by TKO in round 1, Cyborg gave out 222 burgers to Los Angeles’ homeless as her way of celebrating the victory.
- On December 29, 2018, Cyborg fought the reigning UFC Women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes and lost by knockout in the first round. The match turned out to be Cyborg’s very first knockout loss recorded in her entire MMA career.
Featured Image by Cris Cyborg / Instagram