|Cristela Alonzo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cristela Alonzo is an American comedian, actor, writer, voice artist, and producer best known for creating and starring in the ABC sitcom Cristela. With this, she became the first Latina woman to create, produce, write, and star in her own US primetime comedy. She has also been a part of shows and movies like General Hospital, Legends of the Hidden Temple, That’s Harassment, Ladies Room Diaries, The Casagrandes, The Angry Birds Movie, Cars 3, Mind of Mencia, The Upshaws, and The Laundromat.
San Juan, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Cristela Alonzo graduated from Pharr-San Juan-Alamo High School. Then, she got enrolled at Webster University to study theater but later dropped out because she could no longer afford school.
Comedian, Actor, Writer, Voice Artist, Producer
- Father – Adalberto Alonzo
- Mother – Natalia Gonzalez (Worked double shifts at a Mexican restaurant for about 20 years)
- Siblings – Julisa Maria Alonzo (Older Sister), Eloy Eduardo Alonzo (Older Brother), Ruben G Alonzo (Older Brother)
- Others – Sergio (Nephew)
Cristela has been represented by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Stand-up, Television, Film
Observational Comedy, Blue Comedy, Physical Comedy, Surreal Humor, Satire
Latin American Culture, Everyday Life, Racism, Social Awkwardness
Her net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cristela Alonzo has dated –
- Steve Halasz
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Mexican descent.
She has frequently dyed her hair.
She grew up in a very strict Catholic household.
Cristela Alonzo Favorite Things
- Childhood Shows – The Cosby Show, Roseanne
Source – Wikipedia
Cristela Alonzo Facts
- While her mother was pregnant with Cristela, she decided to leave her abusive husband and raise her children on her own.
- Her father died in 2009 and Alonzo has said that she never met him.
- Cristela Alonzo learned to speak English through television.
- Her sister married young and Cristela then spent most of her childhood years with her brothers and became interested in comic books, trading playing cards, a lot of Star Trek: TNG, Dungeons and Dragons, and metal music.
- Growing up, Cristela shared a close bond with her mother and they shared a bed until Alonzo turned 18. Her mother passed away in 2002.
- As a voiceover artist, she made her theatrical film debut by providing vocals to Shirley in the 2016 computer-animated comedy film, The Angry Birds Movie.
- Cristela Alonzo appeared as IRS-CI Special Agent Kilmer in the biographical comedy-drama film, The Laundromat, in 2019.
- On February 17, 2021, Cristela Alonzo celebrated the death of Rush Limbaugh on Twitter as she tweeted out the post “Happy Rush Limbaugh is Dead Day. I didn’t even get the chance to put my tree up!”. Rush Limbaugh was an American radio personality, conservative political commentator, author, and television show host who garnered controversy from his statements on race, LGBT matters, feminism, s*xual consent, and climate change. She was criticized for this act.
Featured Image by U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) / Flickr / Public Domain