|Cuco Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 26, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cuco is an American singer-songwriter who shot to fame after dropping the summer love jam of 2017 titled Lo Que Siento that assimilated more than 56 million streams on Spotify. Prior to this, his cover of Santo & Johnny’s classic romantic ballad named Sleep Walk had received a lot of appreciation in 2016 and had gone viral. He has released several non-album singles such as Lucy (2018), EPs like Cuco on Audiotree Live (2018), music videos such as Feelings (2019), and albums including New Levels New Devils (2018) and Para Mi (2019).
Inglewood, California, United States
Hawthorne, California, United States
He went to junior school in Lennox and then passed out from Hawthorne High School. He enrolled in Santa Monica City College and attended classes for a year.
- Father – Adolfo Banos
- Mother – Irma Banos
- Siblings – He is a single child.
He is represented by Doris Muñoz.
Bedroom Pop, Indie-Pop, Synthpop
Vocals, Trumpet, Guitar, Keyboard, Drums, Bass Guitar, Mellophone, and French Horn
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Wears spectacles
- Tattoo on his arms and neck
Cuco Favorite Things
- Dish – Enchiladas Verdes
- Musical Genre – Chicano rap, Spanish rock, Ballads, Jazz, Classical, Trap
- Singers – Lil Rob, Baby Bash, MC Magic
- Major Musical Influences – Kevin Parker, Ariel Pink
- Motivator And Influencer To Become A Singer – The song Feels Like We Only Go Backwards by Tame Impala
Source – WeareMitu.com, Wikipedia
- His parents are immigrant Mexicans. His mother hails from the city of Puebla and his father comes from Mexico City.
- He has revealed that his name “Cuco” was affectionately given by his mother who used to say that he was rather foolish and eccentric akin to a “cuckoo” which in Spanish is termed “Cuco”.
- He began playing music when he was 8 years old and got discovered via Twitter.
- His first instrument was the trumpet and he played it for the marching band as well as the jazz band at his high school and he has continued using it in his performances. He also experimented with guitar, keyboard, drums, bass guitar, mellophone, and french horn, all before he was 15 years old.
- Cuco mastered the Ableton music software by the age of 16 and became eager to release his own music soon after completing high school.
- He dropped out of college to focus on his career in music and started making songs like Yeah. Soon, he gained recognition on SoundCloud through his account named trappedindeathstar.
- For his music, he incorporated jangly indie pop, bolero, samba, psychedelic rock, and soul music, and switched between Spanish and English effortlessly.
- His debut mixtape titled Wannabewithu (2016) became a super hit especially with young Latinos and it was his major breakthrough. The mixtape of him that followed, named Songs4u, and his EP Chiquito also helped him get a huge fan following and he became part of sold-out live stage performances.
- In June 2017, he was featured in the weekly newspaper LA Weekly for selling out shows at such a tender age.
- His fans are referred to as “Cuco Pebbles”.
- Cuco has also come up with his line including hoodies and neon lighters.
- He has stated that he enjoys making people feel like they are in a trance and making them have unusual feelings that they have not experienced in a long time.
Featured Image by Cuco / Instagram