|Currensy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9.25 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1981|
Currensy is an American rapper known for his popular albums like The Stoned Immaculate and Pilot Talk. He has done endorsement work for brands like On Wheels Collective, 1992 Gear, and Diamond Supply Company. Currensy has a YouTube channel titled CurrensySpittaTV, where he has more than 200k subscribers. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook.
Shante Scott Franklin
Curren$y, Spitta Andretti, Currency, Currensy
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Information about his formal education isn’t available.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Mr. Marcelo (Brother) (Rapper)
Shante Franklin is managed by Mousa Hamdan.
- Jet Life
- No Limit
- Cash Money
- Young Money
- Def Jam Recordings
- Warner Bros. Records
5 ft 9.25 in or 176 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Currensy has dated –
- Laiken Joy – According to his Instagram feed, Currensy is in a relationship with a woman named Laiken Joy. They often share their pictures on their social media profiles.
Race / Ethnicity
Shante Franklin has done endorsement work for On Wheels Collective. He has also done promotional work for 1992 Gear and Diamond Supply Company.
He has also used his social media reach to promote a number of products and brands.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- The commercial success of his studio album, The Stoned Immaculate, which sold more than 36k copies within the first week and peaked at the 8th spot on the US Billboard 200.
- The critical acclaim garnered by his album, Pilot Talk. The album was rated highly by the leading music publications such as PopMatters, Allmusic, and Spin.
- Having collaborated with the established hip-hop artists such as Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, and Smoke DZA.
In April 2009, he released his debut studio album, This Ain’t No Mixtape digitally. The physical version of the album was released in June 2011.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2012, Currensy made his first TV show appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Currensy Favorite Things
- Dinner Spot – Magnolia Grill in New Orleans
- Films – The Godfather (1972), The Godfather II (1974)
- He is the co-owner of the New Orleans Street Customs Motors, which is the New Orleans-based complete car care shop, which he had opened in partnership with his manager Mousa.
- Currensy is an avid car collector and his collection includes Chevrolet Corvette, Chevrolet Impala SS, Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, Chevrolet El Camino SS, a Ferrari and a Bentley. He has bought most of these cars from eBay.
- He started his professional music career in 2002 with Master P’s No Limit Records. At that time, he was also performing with the hip-hop group 504 Boyz.
- In 2004, Lil Wayne signed him up for his record label Young Money Entertainment. He remained with the record label till the last months of 2007.
- In 2009, the popular hip-hop magazine XXL featured him in their much awaited annual Freshman Class list, which identified the most promising emerging rappers.
- In February 2011, he established his record imprint Jet Life Recordings in collaboration with his manager. Their music is distributed by Atlantic Records, iHipHop Distribution, and Empire Distribution.
- In March 2012, he filed a lawsuit against music executive Damon Dash, alleging that he had never legally signed a contract with his DD172 label. Currensy claimed that his music albums Pilot Talk I, Pilot Talk II, and Muscle Car Chronicles were released without his authorization. In his lawsuit, he demanded that Dash should stop selling his music and pay him damages to the tune of $1.5 million. He was eventually awarded $3 million by the court in October 2015.
- Visit his official website @ currensyspitta.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY-2.0