|Curt Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 24, 1961|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
Curt Smith is an English singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, and actor who is known for being the co-founding member of the pop-rock band Tears for Fears alongside his childhood friend Roland Orzabal. Curt Smith has also flourished as a solo artist and has released albums, tracks, and EPs such as Soul on Board, Deceptively Heavy, Aeroplane, and Halfway, Pleased.
Bath, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Record Producer, Actor
- Father – Anthony Leonard Smith
- Mother – Norma Helena Kate (Hine)
- Others – William Henry Hine (Maternal Grandfather), Florence Ethel Cook (Maternal Grandmother)
Pop, Pop-Rock, New Wave, Mod Revival, Post-Punk, Synth-Pop
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Guitar
KOOK Media, Zerodisc, Mercury Records, XIII BIS
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Curt Smith has dated –
- Lynda “Lynne” Altman (1982-1988) – He was married to Lynda “Lynne” Altman from 1982 to 1988.
- Laura “Frances” Pennington (1996-Present) – In 1996, Curt Smith tied the knot with marketing executive Laura “Frances” Pennington and the duo parents 2 daughters named Diva Smith (b. 1999) and Wilder Smith (b. 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
Curt Smith is of English descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Receding hairline
- Lean physique
Curt Smith Facts
- With Tears for Fears, he released the debut album titled The Hurting on March 7, 1983, and it was ranked at number #1 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart, at number #7 on the Canada Top Albums/CDs (RPM) chart, and at number #73 on the US Billboard 200 chart. Also, the album was certified ‘Platinum’ by Canada (Music Canada) as well as the United Kingdom (BPI) and was certified ‘Gold’ by the United States (RIAA).
- Curt Smith performed Everybody Wants to Rule the World at the Nelson Mandela 70th Birthday Tribute on stage along with musicians Phil Collins, Midge Ure, and Mark Brzezicki.
- As a solo artist, he released his first studio album, Soul on Board, on August 23, 1993, via Vertigo and Phonogram Records.
- He shares a friendly bond with John Taylor, the bass guitarist and founding member of the new romantic band Duran Duran.
- In August 2007, Curt Smith became a naturalized citizen of the United States.
- He is a fan of Manchester United and Los Angeles FC.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, Curt Smith and his daughter Diva performed an acoustic guitar rendition of Mad World in April 2020.
- His acting credits include having been cast in a variety of on-screen roles like Desk Clerk in Dead Connection, Detective in Crazy Bitches, Boss in Slow Motion Addict, and Professor Nick Powell in The Private Public.
Featured Image by Wzzy / Wikimedia / Public Domain