|Craig Robinson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Craig Robinson is an American singer, musician, actor, and comedian who is best known for his portrayal of Nick in Hot Tub Time Machine and Hot Tub Time Machine 2, Matheson in Pineapple Express, Darryl Philbin in The Office, and as Doug Judy in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Craig Phillip Robinson
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Craig studied at Whitney M. Young Magnet High School, before moving on to complete his undergraduate studies at Illinois State University in the year 1994.
Later, he enrolled at Saint Xavier University from where he attained his Master of Education.
Craig studied acting and improv at The Second City in Chicago at the same time as he was attending college.
Actor, Comedian, Musician, Singer
- Siblings – Christopher Robinson (Younger Brother) (Musician)
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
108 kg or 238 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- He sports an afro hairstyle and boxed shaped beard.
- Dimpled cheeks
- He has a soft mellow voice.
Craig has appeared in the commercials for various brands including Tostitos, Walmart, Dodge, Hay Day, Amazon Echo, Pepsi, Dietz Nuts, Direct Tv, Dietz & Watson, and New Era.
Craig Robinson Favorite Things
- Dirty South Jams – Ludacris’ “Move B***H”, Geto Boys’ “Mind Playing Tricks on Me”, Juvenile’s “Back That Azz Up”, Andre 3000’s “Prototype”
- Singers – Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Curtis Mayfield, Lionel Richie, Philip Bailey.
Source – AV Club
Craig Robinson Facts
- He was brought up on the South Side of Chicago by his mother who was a music teacher and his father who worked as an attorney.
- Prior to becoming an actor, Craig worked as a music teacher for Horace Mann Elementary School in Chicago, and Benjamin Franklin Elementary School in Hammond, Indiana.
- He made his debut TV show appearance as “himself” on the Def Comedy Jam in 1992. However, it was not until he began to appear on the talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live that his career began to rise. Later, he was featured in various well-known shows including Friends, The Bernie Mac Show, LAX, and Arrested Development.
- His younger brother Chris Rob has credited Craig and their mother for the success that he has earned in his musical career.
- Craig is a member of the band The Nasty Delicious.
- He voiced the character of Kevin in Dolittle (2020).
- Craig and actress Leslie Grossman were born on the same date.
Featured Image By Craig Robinson / Instagram