|Philip Bailey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1951|
Philip Bailey is an American singer, songwriter, and percussionist who is best known for his work as one of the two lead singers for the band Earth, Wind & Fire which has sold more than 90 million albums across the globe. Besides that, he has published multiple solo studio albums and over the course of his career, has won numerous Grammy Awards. He was inducted into the ‘Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame’ in 2000, ‘The Vocal Group Hall Of Fame’ in 2003, and the ‘Songwriters Hall Of Fame’ in 2010.
Philip James Bailey
Denver, Colorado, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Philip had attended East High School, a public school in his hometown of Denver. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Metropolitan State University of Denver, a public university in Denver.
He had later also studied at the University of Colorado.
Singer, Songwriter, Percussionist
- Father – Edward Alverna Bailey
- Mother – Elizabeth Crossland
- Others – Kandy Johnson Isley (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Singer, Songwriter, Musician)
R&B, Jazz, Gospel, Soul, Pop, Funk, Rock
Vocals, Percussion, Kalimba
- Warner Records Inc.
- Columbia Records
- Myrrh Records
- Word Records
- Heads Up International
- Verve Records
- Zoo Entertainment
- Eagle Records
- Reprise Records
- Rhino Entertainment Company
- Sanctuary Records Group Limited
- Legacy Recordings
Philip Bailey’s net worth had been $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Philip has dated –
- Janet Hooks (1970-2001) – Philip had married Janet Hooks on June 17, 1970, and they have 4 children together – 3 sons named Sir James Bailey (b. September 1971), Creed Ellington Bailey (b. January 1978), and Philip Doron Bailey (b. August 1981) (Musician); and a daughter named Trinity Donet Bailey (b. March 1975). After more than 3 decades of wedlock, the couple had parted ways in 2001.
- Jeanette Hutchinson – Through his past relationship with fellow musician Jeanette Hutchinson, he has a daughter named Pili Asabi Foluke Titilayo Bailey (b. August 1978) (Yoga Instructor).
- Krystal Johnson (2002-2010) – Philip had married Krystal Johnson in 2002 and they have 2 children together including a son named Jaylen Bailey. They had parted ways in 2010.
- Valerie Davis – As of August 2021, he was married to life coach, singer, and songwriter Valerie Davis.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Philip Bailey Facts
- In May 2008, Philip was awarded an honorary doctorate (music) degree by the Berklee College of Music.
- He had portrayed the character of Pvt. Bobby Thomas in an episode of the mystery legal drama TV series Matlock. He had also played a soldier in the 1987 cult classic war drama film Full Metal Jacket.
- On October 27, 2007, he had performed the song God Bless America during the 7th-inning stretch in the 3rd game of the 2007 World Series. This was the first World Series game that was ever played in his hometown of Denver.
- He was also invited to throw the first pitch in a game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Detroit Tigers in June 2012.
- In 2014, he had co-authored a book titled Shining Star: Braving the Elements of Earth, Wind & Fire.
Featured Image by Philip Bailey / Instagram