|Nico Santos Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1979|
Nico Santos is a Filipino born American actor who is best known for starring as Mateo Liwanag in NBC’s single-camera sitcom series Superstore since 2015. He is also noted for his silver screen appearance as Heath in Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (2015), Buffet Person in The Clapper (2017), and Oliver T’sien in Crazy Rich Asians (2018). He is also credited for his cameo roles in several hit TV shows like 2 Broke Girls (2014) and Ground Floor (2014). Nico has a huge fan base with more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nico studied at Centennial High School in Gresham, Oregon. Later, he attended Southern Oregon University, where he studied acting.
Nico is represented by –
- Greene & Associates Talent Agency
- Bernie Spektor (Manager)
- Gregg Gellman (Attorney)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nico Santos has dated –
- Zeke Smith (2018-Present) – Nico and Survivor Edge Of Extinction (2017) competitor Zeke Smith started dating one another in June 2018. He had announced the beginning of their relationship through a post he shared on Instagram in June itself. The couple leads a hearty lifestyle and a common love for food. Nico has also stated in that Zeke’s the most amazing partner he could have ever dreamed of.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Filipino ancestry.
- He mostly wears a cap and spectacles.
- Chubby Cheeks
- Round face shape
Nico has appeared in commercials for several brands including Capital One.
He has also been seen in several PSA’s for NBC’s The More You Know.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Mateo Liwanag in NBC’s sitcom television series Superstore
- Starring as Heath in Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (2015), Buffet Person in The Clapper (2017), and Oliver T’sien in Crazy Rich Asians (2018)
- His cameo appearances in several other TV shows such as 2 Broke Girls (2014) and Ground Floor (2014)
Nico made his debut TV show appearance as Heath in Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 in 2015.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance in the round table talk show Chelsea Lately in 2012.
Nico does go to the gym, where he focuses on losing the extra pounds through a cardio and strength routine set by his trainer.
Nico Santos Favorite Things
- Chain Restaurant – Cheesecake Factory
- Proust’s Madeleine – Ube-flavored
Source – Eater
Nico Santos Facts
- He spent his childhood years in the Philippines and at the age of 16, he shifted to Gresham, Oregon with his parents.
- Nico feels blessed that his mother wasn’t a tiger mom. Instead, she supported him all the way through his career and lifestyle.
- He found his passion for acting and performed in almost every theater production in high school. He was also the vice president of the school’s drama club.
- Nico once took his mom on a gay cruise to Mexico. While on the cruise, Nico’s mother went on a manhunt to find her son a husband who was either a doctor or lawyer.
- He returned to the Philippines after 21 years, as the shooting of Crazy Rich Asians had taken place between Malaysia and Singapore.
- In the past, he worked in the costume department at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Later, he shifted to San Francisco, California, where he started performing as a stand-up comedian.
- He had never worked with an Asian crew until he was cast in Crazy Rich Asians (2018).
- Nico had taken up odd jobs such as working as a retailer in several stores like Neiman Marcus, Christian Dior, and Jimmy Choo in Union Square, San Francisco.
- While working at a Christian Dior outlet, celebrities Paris Hilton and her mother Kathy Hilton walked into the store. According to Nico, he had pointed out the dressing room to Paris who continued to get dressed in the middle of the store.
- In January 2018, during an interview with Vulture, Nico stated that his parents lived as undocumented citizens for quite some time after they moved to the United States.
- There is a German-Spanish singer and songwriter named Nico Wellenbrink who also goes by the stage name ‘Nico Santos’. In February 2016, Nico posted a tweet in reference to him saying “There’s a German singer named Nico Santos & I keep getting tagged for his sh*t. Time to get a Twitter account, bruh.” Nico tweeted it because Kfm 94.5 had tagged the wrong Nico Santos.
- In March 2019, he was obsessed with the dish Sushi from Sushi by H in South San Vicente Boulevard, Los Angeles.
Featured Image By Nico Santos / Instagram