|Kathy Hilton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 13, 1959|
Kathy Hilton is an American actress, socialite, and fashion designer. She is the mother of famous socialite Paris Hilton and fashion designer Nicky Hilton. She started as an actress later becoming a socialite and then branching out as a fashion designer. Also known for staying best friends with Michael Jackson until his death, Hilton has over 300k followers on Instagram and over 120k followers on Twitter.
Kathleen Elizabeth Avanzino
New York City, New York, United States
Bel Air, Los Angeles, California, United States
Kathy went to a private high school in Los Angeles.
Actress, Fashion Designer, Philanthropist
- Father – Laurence K. Avanzino
- Mother – Kathleen Mary
- Siblings – None
- Others – Lily Grace Victoria Rothschild (Granddaughter), Teddy Marilyn Rothschild (Granddaughter), Kenneth E. Richards (Step-Father), Kim Richards (Half Sister), Kyle Richards (Half Sister). She also has 5 younger paternal half-siblings.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kathy has dated –
- Richard Hilton (1974-Present) – Kathy met Richard in 1974 when she was in high school. The couple tied the knot in 1979 and have 4 children together; daughters – Paris Hilton (born 1981) and Nicky Hilton (born 1983), and sons – Barron Nicholas Hilton II (born 1989) and Conrad Hughes Hilton III (born 1994).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry on her mother’s side and Italian ancestry on her father’s side. She also has some Scottish roots.
Kathy has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being the mother of famous socialite Paris Hilton and fashion designer Nicky Hilton
- Being best friends with the King of Pop, Michael Jackson
Kathy made her feature film debut as Shelly Warner in the sci-fi thriller film, The Dark, in 1979.
First TV Show
Kathy made her first TV show appearance as Melodie in the sitcom, Nanny and the Professor, in 1970.
Kathy Hilton Favorite Things
- Designer – Valentino
Source – LA Times
Kathy Hilton Facts
- After her parents got divorced, Kathy took the last name of her stepfather, Ken Richards.
- She met Michael Jackson in Los Angeles at the age of 13 and the two remained the best of friends until his death. She is still best friends with Michael’s sister, La Toya Jackson, whom she first met in high school.
- She experimented with acting for a few years starting in 1968 when she was 9 years old till the age of 20.
- She also started her own gift and antique store called Staircase on Sunset Plaza.
- She was one of the 1,500 females who auditioned for the role of Jan Brady on The Brady Bunch Variety Hour (1976). However, she was not cast.
- In 2012, she started her own clothing line, Kathy Hilton Collection, a collection of party dresses.
- In 2007, she collaborated with Make-A-Wish Foundation and asked various celebrities to hold auctions for their belongings and donate the proceeds to the foundation.
- She was awarded for her philanthropic achievements by the Starlight Children’s Foundation in 2011.
- Follow Kathy Hilton on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Kathy Hilton / Instagram