Clinton Drew Dempsey
Born Place / Residence
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
Clint went to Furman University where he majored in health and exercise.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Aubrey Dempsey
- Mother – Debbie Dempsey
- Siblings – Ryan Dempsey (Older Brother), Jennifer Dempsey (Older Sister) (Died at the age of 16 after she suffered a brain aneurysm).
Dempsey is signed with James Grant Sports Management.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
84 kg or 185 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Clint Dempsey is married to Bethany Dempsey. The couple has four children, two sons Clayton and Jackson, and two daughters Elyse and Sophia.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Tattoos on his arm and neck
- Short hair
Clint Dempsey’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
Clint has appeared in numerous TV commercials for Lexus, MLS, Nike, EA Sports (FIFA), Oreo Ritz, Volpi Foods, Degree Deodorants, XFINITY Latino, Oberto All Natural Original Beef Jerky, etc.
Dempsey has also been featured in print ads for Nabisco brand snacks (2014) and Unilever’s Men’s Degree Motionsense deodorant (2014).
Best Known For
Captaining United States’ national soccer team and for playing in the MLS (Major League Soccer).
First Soccer Match
On January 20, 2007, Clint had his debut for Fulham in a 1-1 draw against Tottenham Hotspur.
Dempsey debuted for Seattle Sounders FC on August 10, 2013 in a 2-1 success over Toronto FC.
On November 17, 2004, Clint played his first official match for the senior national team of USA against Jamaica.
- Long shots
- Through balls
- Holding on to the ball
- Defensive contribution
As a Singer
Dempsey has collaborated with Texas-based rapper XO and Houston rapper known as Big Hawk and made a song called Don’t Tread which was a part of Nike’s soccer advertising campaign for the 2006 World Cup.
In 2014, Dempsey appeared in the sports documentary called The Team as Himself.
However, Clinton has not acted in a theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Other than soccer matches itself, Clint has made a guest appearance in the TV series CBS This Morning in 2014.
Clint Dempsey Facts
- Dempsey is an avid supporter of NFL team Houston Texans.
- Along with Lionel Messi, he was added on the cover of the EA Sports’ video game FIFA 15 in the United States and Canada.
- Clint has a huge passion for hip hop music.
- In his free time, Dempsey goes fishing.
- As a kid, Clinton lived in a trailer park, a semi-permanent or permanent area for travel trailers or mobile homes. There, he developed his soccer game passion as he spent most of his time on the soccer pitch with his siblings.
- The death of his sister Jennifer motivated Dempsey to pursue his soccer dream and become a professional soccer player in her honor.
- He spent his youth career playing for Dallas Texans.
- While in Furman University, Dempsey played for Furman Paladins.
- At the 2004 MLS SuperDraft, Clinton was selected as the 8th overall pick by the New England Revolution.
- On January 11, 2007, he officially signed with the Premier League team Fulham for a price of £2 million.
- In May 2008, Dempsey extended his contract with Fulham until 2010.
- On August 31, 2012, Clinton penned a three-year deal with Tottenham Hotspur worth $9 million.
- Dempsey was transferred to MLS team Seattle Sounders FC on August 3, 2013. Clint signed a four-year deal for a price of $9 million.
- On December 24, 2013, Clinton was sent on a two-month loan to Fulham.
- He scored his first international goal in a 2-1 defeat to England in May 2005.