|Ryan Sutter Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1974|
Ryan Sutter is an American TV personality, firefighter, and former professional football player who had become a household name in the United States when he had won the first season of the reality TV dating game show The Bachelorette, in 2003. Before the show, he was a professional American football player who had been picked 133rd overall in the 5th round of the 1998 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Ravens after having played college football for the Colorado Buffaloes football team. In a short, injury-plagued professional football career, he had turned out for the Baltimore Ravens (1998), the Carolina Panthers (1998), and the Seattle Seahawks (1999) in the NFL. In 2000, he had also played one season for the Barcelona Dragons (2000) in NFL Europe. He had tried to revive his career in the spring of 2005 when he was invited to a tryout with the New Orleans Saints. He had, however, suffered a knee injury during the minicamp which had eventually signaled the end of his playing career. Other than his TV and sports career, he had worked for several years as a firefighter in Vail, Colorado, before joining the Denver Fire Department in February 2020.
Ryan Allen Sutter
Fort Collins, Larimer County, Colorado, United States
Avon, Eagle County, Colorado, United States
Ryan, after his high school graduation, had joined the University of Colorado Boulder, a public research university that is the flagship university of the University of Colorado (CU) system. He had represented their Colorado Buffaloes football team, as a defensive back.
TV Personality, Firefighter, Professional American Football Player (Retired)
- Mother – Barb Sutter
- Others – Roseanne Rehn (Mother-in-Law), Stan Rehn (Father-in-Law)
35 – Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers
In 2021, Ryan Sutter’s net worth was $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ryan has dated –
- Trista Rehn (2003-Present) – Ryan had first met TV personality, physical therapist, and dancer Trista Rehn on the first night of the first season of the reality TV dating show The Bachelorette, which was aired in January 2003. Ryan had proposed to her in February 2003 and they got engaged during the finale episode of the show. The couple got married on December 6, 2003, in a televised wedding that was aired on the ABC network. They have 2 children together – a son named Maxwell Alston ‘Max’ Sutter (b. July 26, 2007) and a daughter named Blakesley Grace Sutter (b. April 3, 2009).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Charming smile
- Often sports a light stubble
Ryan Sutter Facts
- In June 2017, Ryan had participated in the 9th season of the adventure-based competitive reality TV show American Ninja Warrior. In the Denver qualifier leg, he had failed on the 3rd obstacle, the Bouncing Spider, and had missed out on qualification for the Denver Finals. He had also competed in the 2004 Ironman Triathlon event in Kona, Hawaii.
- He is the co-founder of Sol Organics, an environmental strategies company.
- His hobbies include snowboarding, surfing, and painting. He is also a coffee aficionado.
- In 2021, Ryan was diagnosed with Lyme disease and Epstein-Barr virus. He later underwent 2 major surgeries.
- In February 2023, during an interview, Ryan’s wife Trista revealed that he was undergoing bee venom therapy amid Lyme battle.
Featured Image by Ryan Sutter / Instagram