|Dale Steyn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1983|
Dale Steyn is an Australian cricketer who is best known for his contribution to the South African cricket team. He is also considered to be one of the best bowlers in the history of cricket. His bowling pace is feared by many batsmen as he can ball at an excess speed of 150 km/h. Besides that, Dale has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 4 million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million followers on Facebook, and more than 2 million followers on Instagram.
Dale Willem Steyn
Phalaborwa, Transvaal Province, South Africa
Cape Town, South Africa
Dale studied at Merensky High School which is situated in Tzaneen.
- Father – Schalk Steyn
- Siblings – Ashley Jill (Sister)
As a member of the South African national team, he is represented by Mohammed Moosajee.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lb
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dale has dated –
- Jeanne Kietzmann – Actress and model Jeanne Kietzmann and Dale started dating one another in 2007.
- Beatrice – Dale seems to be in a relationship with a girl who’s Instagram handle reads “beatdabeatt.”
Race / Ethnicity
- Lean physique
- Sports a tattoo sleeve on his left arm
Through his social media, he has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- New Balance
Dale Steyn Favorite Things
- Batsmen – Quinton de Kock, AB de Villiers, and Virat Kohli
- Pacer In 2019 – Pat Cummins
- Australian Opponent – Mitchell Johnson
Dale Steyn Facts
- He was raised in the town Phalaborwa which is situated on the border of South Africa’s Kruger National Park.
- Dale had an athletic streak about him ever since he was a little boy and would constantly be playing various sports.
- He started bass fishing and skateboarding at an early age and till today he loves these sports.
- Dale started his cricket career at the age of 11. Following his keen interest in the sport, he had been gifted a Hansie Cronje cricket set for Christmas.
- He started off in the family lawn and soon joined his school’s cricket team. However, to Steyn, playing for the national team seemed like an impossible achievement at the time.
- On October 17, 2003, Steyn played his debut first-class match for the Northerns.
- His raw talent and immense speed were recognized during the 2004/2005 season after which he was called up to play against England. However, he was taken off then from the team due to poor performance.
- At the beginning of his career, he faced a lot of rejection due to his performance not being up to the mark.
- In December 2004, he played his first International match for South Africa against England.
- He played for Essex between May and June in 2005.
- Steyn is very close to grandparents.
- Dale is a complete adventure junkie. He also enjoys going surfing and fishing in his free time.
- He is very fond of dogs and has one of his own named Chloe.
- Dale enjoys going on bike rides with his friends and family.
- He is a complete fitness fanatic.
- Dale relishes the taste of salami.
Featured Image By Dale Steyn / Instagram