|Dan Brown Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1964|
Dan Brown is an American author who is best known for his Robert Langdon series of novels that includes Angels & Demons (2000), The Da Vinci Code (2003), The Lost Symbol (2009), Inferno (2013), and Origin (2017). Known for his thriller novels, his books have been translated into 57 languages and 3 of them – Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and Inferno – have been adapted into films. His bibliography also consists of Digital Fortress (1998), Deception Point (2001), and Wild Symphony (2020).
Daniel Gerhard Brown
Exeter, New Hampshire, United States
Dan Brown currently resides in Rye, New Hampshire, United States.
Dan Brown has completed his graduation from Phillips Exeter Academy, where his father was a Mathematics teacher.
He attended Amherst College and graduated in 1986. In between, he spent a year (1985) at the University of Seville, Spain, where he was enrolled as a student in an art history course.
Novelist, casual singer-songwriter (to produce children’s cassette, etc.)
- Father – Richard G. Brown (Mathematics Teacher at Phillips Exeter Academy)
- Mother – Constance “Connie” Brown (Singer and Musician)
- Siblings – Valerie Brown (Younger Sister), Gregory Brown (Younger Brother)
Dan Brown has been associated with Sanford Greenburger Associates (Literary Agency), New York, United States.
Thriller, adventure, conspiracy, mystery
His net worth has been $160 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dan Brown has been married to –
- Blythe Newlon (1997-2019) – The couple met at the National Academy of Songwriters when Dan Brown joined it in the year 1991. Blythe is 12 years senior to the writer and was at that time, the Academy’s Director of Artist Development. She helped him achieve success in many of his projects during that time. Finally, the couple moved to New Hampshire together and married in 1997. After 21 years of marriage, the duo divorced in 2019, with the financial settlement still to be concluded due to Brown’s alleged infidelities during the latter part of their marriage. The duo agreed to settle the lawsuit in December 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Distinctive Writing Features
- Codes, Ciphers, Cryptography, and Puzzles
- Strong Female Characters
- Interesting Settings
- 24-Hour Time Frame
- Treasure Hunts
Dan Brown was raised an Episcopalian but drifted away from Christianity at a younger age.
However, he had found a renewed faith in Christianity which is also reflected in his writings.
Best Known For
Dan Brown is best known for his thriller fiction The Da Vinci Code, which was published in 2003.
Dan Brown’s first book was 187 Men to Avoid: A Survival Guide for the Romantically Frustrated Woman (1995), which was co-written with his wife.
His first solo book was ‘Digital Fortress’ which was published in 1998.
First Film Adaptation
Dan Brown’s novel The Da Vinci Code was adapted for film with the same title. It was released in 2006 by Columbia Pictures.
First Screen Appearance
Dan Brown has appeared in many TV series among which Today, aired in 2003 was the first to feature him.
Dan Brown also appeared in an uncredited role of concert-goer in the 2005 movie ‘Be Cool.’
The writer has not employed any personal trainer to keep himself fit. Instead, he believes in healthy living. As a writer, he feels that writing needs a particular discipline. Hence, he maintains a fixed routine in order to keep his mental and physical health at its peak.
The writer wakes up at 4 a.m. and sits to write, since, he feels that these are the most productive hours without distractions. He keeps an hourglass on his desk so that he can keep a check on every hour. After an hour, he takes a short break to do push-ups, sit-ups, and stretches to keep his body in shape. This routine also helps his ideas to flourish and they keep flowing in.
Dan Brown Favorite Things
- Books – Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid (By Douglas Hofstadter), Codes Ciphers and Other Cryptic and Clandestine Communication (By Fred Wrixon), Of Mice and Men (By John Steinbeck), Wordplay: Ambigrams and Reflections on the Art of Ambigrams (By John Langdon), Much Ado About Nothing (By Shakespeare), The Puzzle Palace (By James Bamford), Kane and Abel (By Jeffrey Archer), Plum Island (By Nelson DeMille), The Elements of Style (By Strunk and White), and The Bourne Identity Series (By Ludlum).
- Films – Fantasia, Life is Beautiful, Annie Hall, Zeffirelli’s Romeo and Juliet, Indiana Jones, the Pink Panther series
- Gift – Leather-bound copy of the Oxford English Dictionary
- Music – Spanish singer Franco de Vita, The Gypsy Kings, Enya, Sarah Mclachlan, and Vanessa Carlton
- Inspiration – Sidney Sheldon
- Sports – Tennis
Source – Wikipedia, Book Browse
Dan Brown Facts
- He sits in his loft for writing and sometimes uses inversion therapy to get free of writer’s block. He uses gravity boots to hang himself upside down.
- As a musician, Dan Brown composed and performed “Phiano.” This soundtrack was used in ‘The Da Vinci Code.’
- Dan Brown has been into charity for a long. In October 2004, he and his siblings donated US$2.2 million to Phillips Exeter Academy in honor of their father. The Richard G. Brown Technology Endowment has been set up to help “provide computers and high-tech equipment for students in need.”
- The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation has also been funded by the writer and his wife Blythe Newlon.
- Dan Brown and his wife created a scholarship fund at Amherst College on April 14, 2011, whose income will provide financial support to students, with preference given to those, who have an interest in writing.
- Dan Brown’s novels have been very popular and translated as well as published in more than 40 languages in the world.
- Dan was placed at #10 on the 100 Celebrity list in 2006 by Forbes magazine.
- In an interview, Dan expressed his desire to write 12 future books that will feature Robert Langdon.
- The characters of Brown’s novels have been named after real people in his life. The hero of his popular novels, Robert Langdon is named after John Langdon. John is an artist, who created the ambigrams used within the novel and CD ‘Angels & Demons.’
- Before starting his writing career, Brown had taken up teaching at Phillips Exeter Academy in 1993. He also delivered Spanish classes at Lincoln Akerman School in Hampton Falls.
- He can play synthesizer and piano.
- He made his own record company called “Dalliance” in the late 1980s.
- Dan has also served as a teacher at Beverly Hills Preparatory School in the past.
- The author took up a musical career casually after graduating from Amherst College. He had produced a cassette called “SynthAnimals,” targeting the kids.