|Franco De Vita Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 23, 1954|
Franco De Vita is a Venezuelan singer and songwriter who is known for releasing a number of albums such as Al Norte Del Sur, En Vivo Marzo 16, Voces a mi Alrededor, Fuera de Este Mundo, Segundas partes también son buenas, Mil y Una Historias En Vivo, Simplemente La Verdad, Vuelve en Primera Fila, and Libre. Born to Italian immigrant parents, he gained much international fame with the release of his 3rd album, Al Norte del Sur, in 1988. He has also released several chart-topping tracks such as No Basta which topped the Billboard Latin music charts for 4 weeks and whose music video won the International Viewer’s Choice Award at the 1991 MTV Video Music Awards. Franco De Vita has also accumulated a huge social media fan base with more than 7 million followers on Facebook, more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 5 million followers on Twitter, and more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube.
Franco Atilio De Vita De Vito
Franco De Vita took piano lessons at university level.
- Father – Ferdinando De Vita
- Mother – Rosa De Vito
- Siblings – Bartolomé (Brother), Fernando (Brother), Ana (Sister)
Franco De Vita is represented by Alegria Producciones.
Latin Pop, Rock
Guitar, Piano, Vocals
CBS Records International, Sony Music Entertainment (SME)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Franco De Vita prefers to keep his private life away from the spotlight. Hence, it is difficult for us to ascertain anything about his love life and relationship history.
Race / Ethnicity
Distinctive tenor voice
Best Known For
- His extensive contribution to the music industry as he has released several albums, such as Franco De Vita, Al Norte Del Sur, En Vivo Marzo 16, Voces a mi Alrededor, Fuera de Este Mundo, Segundas partes también son buenas, Mil y Una Historias En Vivo, Simplemente La Verdad, Vuelve en Primera Fila, and Libre, and has also worked with a couple of well-known artists during the course of his career
- Having won a Latin Grammy Award nomination in the “Best Male Pop Vocal Album” category for his album titled Stop
- Having garnered an immense social media fan base with his musical talents as Franco De Vita enjoys more than 7 million followers on Facebook, more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 5 million followers on Twitter, and more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube
Franco De Vita released his debut eponymous studio album, Franco De Vita, in 1984. The album successfully managed to garner 3 Spanish-language hits in Venezuela which were Somos Tres, No Hay Cielo, and Un Buen Perdedor.
First TV Show
Franco De Vita made his first TV show appearance as Un insorto in an episode, titled Ponine, of the drama series, Les Misérables, in May 1964.
He has maintained a healthy physique by leading an active life.
Franco De Vita Facts
- His parents were Italian immigrants who later went back to Rome, Italy when he was 3 years old. Then, when he was around 13 years old, his family shifted back to Venezuela.
- Franco De Vita grew up in Rome, Italy and learned Italian way before he learned Spanish, which he learned only after his family moved back to Venezuela from Italy.
- In the year 1982, he founded a group named Icaro which was able to release an album in his homeland.
- His song, Sólo Importas Tú, from his 2nd studio album, gained much popularity and was used as the theme song for the Spanish-language romantic drama soap opera, La Dama De Rosa. Franco De Vita was credited at the end of every episode and performed the song on the piano.
- Franco De Vita started gaining international fame after the release of his 3rd album, Al Norte del Sur, which was released in 1988 via CBS Records. It comprised of tracks such as Te Equivocaste Conmigo, Louis, Te Amo, Un Poco De Respeto, Soy Como Soy, Loco De Atar, Promesas, Esta Vez, and Al Norte Del Sur. The album established him as a socially conscious musician working with adult-oriented pop and the music video for one of its songs, Louis, which revolved around a daydreaming cabbie who idolizes the famous English rock band, The Beatles, was considered very advanced for the time it was released in.
- In 1990, the song, No Basta, from his album titled Extranjero was ranked at number #1 in the Billboard Latin music charts and topped the charts for 4 weeks. The music video for the song also won the International Viewer’s Choice Award at the 1991 MTV Video Music Awards.
- The song, Cálido y Frío, from his album titled Voces a mi Alrededor (1993) became a Top 10 hit on the Billboard Latin music charts.
- In 2004, Franco De Vita released his studio album, Stop, via Sony Music Latin and it consisted of tracks such as Ay Dios, Rosa o Clavel, No Me Lastimes, No Sé lo Que Me Das, Donde Está el Amor, and Un Extraño En Mi Bañera. Franco De Vita also collaborated with the Mexico based duo, Sin Bandera, on the song titled Si La Ves. One of the album’s tracks, Tú De Qué Vas, was ranked at number #3 in Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart and at number #1 in the Latin Pop Airplay chart. The album also received a Latin Grammy Award nomination in the “Best Male Pop Vocal Album” category and became a double Platinum+Gold in Mexico.
- He also toured in the United States on a co-headlining tour with Venezuelan-Argentine singer and songwriter, Ricardo Montaner, in 2004.
- Franco De Vita has worked with the Puerto Rican reggaeton duo, Wisin & Yandel, on a couple of tracks such as Oye Donde Esta El Amor, Un Buen Perdedor, and Que No Muera La Esperanza.
- He has appeared in a number of shows such as ¡Despierta América!, Otro rollo con: Adal Ramones, Don Francisco presenta, Mañanas informales, Susana Giménez, Un sol para los chicosi, and Gracias por venir, gracias por estar.
- Franco De Vita was featured in the album titled Viva Duets by American singer Tony Bennett in 2012.
- He was honored as the “Pop Artist of the Year” at the 2012 Pepsi Venezuela Music Awards.
- He got inducted to the Billboard Latin Music of Fame in 2014.
- Franco De Vita has also recorded music in Portuguese.
- He supports the LGBT community.
- He is trilingual and can speak Spanish, Italian, and English.
- Visit his official website @ francodevita.com.
- Follow Franco De Vita on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, iTunes, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Alegriacorp / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0