|James Cromwell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 27, 1940|
James Cromwell is an American actor, voiceover artist, producer, stage artist, and director who has been cast in a number of critically acclaimed movies and shows such as The People vs. Larry Flynt, Star Trek: First Contact, The Green Mile, The Queen, Dante’s Inferno, Spider-Man 3, W., Secretariat, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, L.A. Confidential, Babe, Space Cowboys, The Artist, Big Hero 6: The Series, Murder in the First, The Young Pope, Six Feet Under, and Halt and Catch Fire.
James Oliver Cromwell
Los Angeles, California, United States
He divides his time between –
- Wawayanda, Orange County, New York, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
James Cromwell studied at The Hill School and Middlebury College. Later, he attended Carnegie Mellon University and studied Architecture but eventually left in order to pursue acting.
He took acting and performing lessons at HB Studio located in New York City.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Director, Stage Artist
- Father – John Cromwell (Director, Actor)
- Mother – Kay Johnson (Actress)
- Sibling – Jonathan Cromwell (Brother)
- Others – George O. Cromwell (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Mary Sheeler (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Robert Johnson (Maternal Grandfather), Catharine (Maternal Grandmother)
James Cromwell is represented by –
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James Cromwell has dated –
- Anne Ulvestad (1976-1986) – In 1976, he got married to Anne Ulvestad and the duo parents 3 children – a daughter named Kate Cromwell (b. 1978) and 2 sons named John Cromwell (b. 1980) and Colin Cromwell (b. 1982). James and Anne got divorced in 1986.
- Julie Cobb (1986-2005)
- Anna Stuart (2014)
Race / Ethnicity
James Cromwell is of German, Irish, English, and Scottish descent.
- Towering height
- Gravelly voice
- Lean physique
James Cromwell Facts
- He grew up in Manhattan, New York.
- He portrayed the character of Carnegie Mellon University’s co-founder Andrew W. Mellon in the period crime drama television series, Boardwalk Empire, from 2012 to 2013.
- James Cromwell is the only actor to say “Star Trek” on Star Trek when his character Zefram Cochrane said to the crew, “…and you’re all astronauts on… some kind of star trek?”.
- He became the tallest actor ever to be nominated for an Oscar when he was nominated for the award in the “Best Supporting Actor” for his role as Arthur Hoggett in the 1995 comedy-drama film, Babe.
- He has been an outspoken opponent of US President George W. Bush’s administration.
- James Cromwell’s son is even taller than him and has been cast as the younger version of his character on projects like Memorial Day (2012), American Horror Story (2011), and Betrayal (2013).
- He believes in non-terrestrial intelligence.
- Over the years, he has also been a part of stage productions like Hamlet, Othello, Waiting for Godot, Rupert, and Long Day’s Journey into Night.
Featured Image by THE 1 SECOND FILM / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
He has to be more than 80 kg by now.