|Dan Christian Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1983|
Dan Christian is an Australian professional cricketer who had represented his country, as an all-rounder, in the limited-overs formats of the sport (ODIs and T20Is) between 2010 and 2014. He is one of the very few players of Aboriginal heritage to have reached the elite level of sports in Australia and his senior national team selection was viewed as a landmark moment in Aboriginal inclusiveness in Australian cricket. After falling out of national contention in 2014, he had plied his trade in T20 leagues around the world. In the Australian domestic circuit, he has played for New South Wales (2005-06–2006-07), South Australia (2007-08–2012-13), and Victoria (2013-14–2017-18) across all 3 formats.
Daniel Trevor Christian
Camperdown, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
After completing his primary schooling in Narrandera, New South Wales, Dan had attended St Gregory’s College, Campbelltown, an independent Roman Catholic day and boarding school near Campbelltown, a suburb of Sydney.
- Father – Clem Christian (Former Rugby Player)
- Others – Trevor Christian (Uncle) (Former Boxer)
54 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Deccan Chargers (IPL), Rising Pune Supergiants (IPL), Delhi Daredevils (IPL), Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Brisbane Heat (BBL), Hobart Hurricanes (BBL), Melbourne Renegades (BBL), Sydney Sixers (BBL), Jozi Stars (MSL)
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dan has dated –
- Deanna Atsalas (2017-2019) – Dan had married brand manager Deanna Atsalas in 2017 and the couple had parted ways in 2019.
- Lucy McIntosh (2020-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British, Irish Catholic, and Australian Indigenous (Wiradjuri) descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a rugged beard
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturer Kookaburra Cricket Australia.
Dan Christian Facts
- A graduate of Cricket Australia‘s indigenous cricket development program, Dan had captained the Indigenous Australian cricket team that had toured England in 2009. In 2018, he had captained Australia’s Aboriginal XI on a tour of England to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the first indigenous Australian team touring the United Kingdom.
- In March 2012, he had become just the 4th Australian and the 26th cricketer overall to have completed an ODI hat-trick (the feat of picking up 3 wickets in 3 successive deliveries). The feat had come in an impressive spell of 5/31 which was unfortunately not enough for Australia to save that match as Sri Lanka had managed to squeeze through a narrow 9-run win.
- He was adjudged as the ‘Player of the Match’ in the final of the 2018-19 season of the BBL, helping the Melbourne Renegades win their first BBL title.
- A valuable pace-bowling allrounder, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Deccan Chargers (2011–2012), Royal Challengers Bangalore (2013, 2021), Rising Pune Supergiants (2017), and Delhi Daredevils (2018) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); Brisbane Heat (2011-12–2014-15), Hobart Hurricanes (2015-16–2017-18), Melbourne Renegades (2018-19-2019-20), and Sydney Sixers (2020-21) in the BBL (Big Bash League); Trinbago Knight Riders (2017) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); Jozi Stars (2018–2020) in the MSL (Mzansi Super League); and Karachi Kings (2020-2021) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League).
Featured Image by Dan Christian / Instagram