|Harshal Patel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 23, 1990|
Harshal Patel is an Indian professional cricketer who had first come into the spotlight, as a pace-bowling all-rounder, in 2010 during the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup where India had finished in 6th place. Further solid performances in the Indian domestic circuit saw him earn a contract with Royal Challengers Bangalore (2012-2017, 2021-Present) in the IPL (Indian Premier League) for whom he did not play much cricket in his first stint. He was acquired by the Delhi Capitals (2018-2020) in 2018 who began using him, sparingly, as a supporting pace bowler who could bat a bit lower down the order. In January 2021, he was traded back to the Royal Challengers Bangalore. In the Indian domestic circuit, he has played for his home state of Gujarat (2009–2011) and Haryana (2011–Present) across all 3 formats. He has captained the latter team in the Ranji Trophy (India’s premier domestic first-class cricket competition).
Harshal Vikram Patel
Sanand, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Father – Vikram Patel (Aviation Industry Executive)
- Mother – Darshana Patel (Retail Industry Executive)
- Siblings – Archita Patel (Sister), Tapan Patel (Brother)
- 13, 9 – Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL)
- 13 – Delhi Capitals (IPL)
5 ft 9 or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harshal has dated –
- Devarshi Joshi (2016–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
Harshal Patel Facts
- He had a stellar 2008-09 season in the Vinoo Mankad Trophy (the premier limited-overs domestic competition for men’s under-19 cricket in India). He had scalped 23 wickets at a scarcely believable average of around 11, a performance that had played a key role in his selection for the 2010 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup.
- Harshal was later selected to play one-day cricket for Gujarat in the 2009-10 season. Around this time, his family was planning to move to the United States, but his brother Tapan Patel and his coach Tarak Trivedi had insisted that Harshal should stay on in India as they both believed that he had the ingredients to carve out a successful career in the sport.
- As he struggled to get a spot in Gujarat’s first-class team in the following season, he had made a quick decision to leave the state team and play for Haryana. He made his Ranji Trophy debut for the team in the 2011-12 season and made an immediate mark as the team embarked on a fairytale run to the semi-final of the tournament. He had recorded consecutive 8 wicket hauls in the quarter-final and the semi-final of the tournament, performances that had earned him a contract with the Royal Challengers Bangalore for the 2012 season of the IPL.
- In April 2021, in the very first match of the IPL season, he had recorded splendid figures of 5/27 in Royal Challengers Bangalore‘s last-ball win over double defending champions Mumbai Indians. He, thus, became the first player ever in the history of the IPL to claim a 5-wicket haul against the Mumbai Indians. This was also his best-ever bowling performance in the tournament.
Featured Image by Harshal Patel / Instagram
See Harshal Patel’s compact profile on Trendy Celeb