|Dan Reynolds Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1987|
While he was studying in university, Dan Reynolds realized that he wanted to become a professional musician. It was a difficult decision for him as he came from a family of academicians. However, he persisted with his passion and formed Imagine Dragons. They managed to make a great start with college competitions and local events. Over the years, he has managed to earn a tremendous amount of success. In recognition of his ability with penning songs, he was awarded the Songwriters Hall of Fame Hal David Starlight Award.
Daniel Coulter Reynolds
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Dan Reynolds graduated from Bonanza High School. Then, he got enrolled at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and later transferred to the Brigham Young University.
At the university, he studied marketing, music, and communications. However, he dropped out of the university to focus on his music career.
Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist, Record Producer
- Father – Ronald Reynolds (Lawyer, Author)
- Mother – Christene M. Reynolds (née Callister)
- Siblings – Mac Reynolds (Brother), Robert Reynolds (Sister), Sarah Reynolds (Sister). He has 5 more brothers.
- Others – Harold Noland Reynolds (Paternal Grandfather), Bethel Ernestine Talbott (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Marshall Callister (Maternal Grandfather), Marco Rushton Christensen (Maternal Grandmother)
Dan Reynolds is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Pop Rock, Indie Pop, Electropop
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Drums, Percussion, Saxophone
Interscope Records, KIDinaKORNER
6 ft 4 in or 193 m
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dan Reynolds has dated –
- Aja Volkman (2010-April 2017, November 2018-Present) – Dan Reynolds first met musician Aja Volkman in 2010 after he was invited to perform an opening set for Nico Vega. Volkman is the lead singer of Nico Vega. He asked her to help him finish some demos he was working on and they started dating soon after. They also started their own indie band called Egyptian. They got married in March 2011 in a romantic wedding ceremony and in August 2012, she gave birth to their first daughter, Arrow Eve Reynolds. Volkman gave birth to twin girls Coco Rae Reynolds and Gia James in March 2017. They shocked their fans in April 2017 as they revealed that they were going to get divorced. However, with the release of the Imagine Dragons song Bad Liar, he revealed that he had got back together with Volkman and she had also assisted in writing the song.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has English, German, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French, Scots-Irish, and remote Dutch ancestry. While on his mother’s side, he is of Danish, English, and Manx descent.
- Deep Blue Eyes
- Imposing height
Dan Reynolds’ music band has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Evans Drumheads
- Gibraltar Hardware
- Latin Percussion
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Vic Firth Sticks
He is a devoted member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and has also served as a full-time volunteer missionary.
Best Known For
Being the lead vocalist of the popular pop-rock, Imagine Dragons, which has achieved a lot of commercial success and has sold tens of millions of records worldwide. Some of the band’s studio albums like Evolve and Smoke + Mirrors have been huge hits.
In 2012, he released the debut studio album, Night Visions, as a member of Imagine Dragons. The album achieved good commercial success and even debuted in the 2nd spot on the Billboard 200 charts and was eventually certified as double platinum.
In 2015, he made his theatrical film debut in the sci-fi mystery drama movie, Project Almanac.
First TV Show
In 2012, Dan Reynolds made his first TV show appearance in the comedy documentary show, alt.news 26:46.
After he was diagnosed with Ankylosing spondylitis, a form of inflammatory arthritis, Reynolds started working out regularly and hired Brad Feinberg as his personal trainer. Feinberg prepared a specialized workout regime for Reynolds for the music video of Believer, in which he faced off against the action legend, Dolph Lundgren.
Feinberg divided his strength training routine into 3 days. Day one was reserved for Olympic style lifting that included cleans, snatches, and different pulls. Day two was reserved for chest and legs workout. On the third day, they focused on pulling exercises. About 2 months before the video shoot, Reynolds went for 3 to 5 rep range for Olympic exercises spread over 3 sets. The rep range was increased to more than 10 in the last month.
For other strength training exercises, he kept the rep range between 8 and 15 for the first month. For the last month, the rep range was increased above 15. In the last month, he also started focusing on upper body. He also included boxing and yoga in his routine. He did strength training for 3 days and boxing for 2 days with one day reserved for yoga.
He also started following a disciplined diet plan to complement his work in the gym. His daily 2900 calories diet was divided into the following 5 meals –
Meal 1 – 4 eggs, oatmeal, 2 scoops of peanut butter, 1 cup veggies, and 2 tablespoons olive oil
Meal 2 – 1 cup berries, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water, and 2 scoops of protein powder
Meal 3 – 1 cup veggies, 8 oz. chicken breast, 6 oz. sweet potato or half cup rice
Meal 4 – 6 oz. sweet potato or half cup rice, 7 oz steak or chicken
Meal 5 – 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 2 rice cakes
Also, every 3rd day, Feinberg took carbs completely out of Reynolds meals. This was very useful in getting the popular singer a shredded appearance.
Dan Reynolds Favorite Things
- Music Artists Or Bands – Paul Simon, Harry Nilsson, The Beatles
- Rockstars – Billy Joel, Paul Simon, Bono
Source – Cincy Music, Boys’ Life
Dan Reynolds Facts
- In 2016, he established his own record label called Night Street Records. The imprint label works under the umbrella of Interscope Records.
- He started writing music at the age of 13.
- He started taking piano lessons while he was studying in middle school. He also got enrolled for drum and saxophone lessons. However, he learned the guitar on his own.
- While growing up, he was a member of the Boy Scouts of America. He even managed to become an Eagle Scout.
- He recruited drummer Andrew Tolman to start the band Imagine Dragons. They have met in Utah. He added bassist Ben McKee to his band in Las Vegas in 2011.
- With Imagine Dragons, he managed to win Brigham Young University’s Battle of the Bands music contest. They also managed to win several other local competitions.
- Imagine Dragons got its first big breakthrough in 2010 after the frontman of rock band Train fell sick before the Bite of Las Vegas Festival. As a result, Imagine Dragons were roped in and they got a chance to perform to the audience of over 26,000 people.
- Imagine Dragons signed a record deal with Interscope Records in November 2011. The band also started working with Grammy award-winning music producer Alex da Kid.
- In 2016, he collaborated with Novartis’s ThisASLife to launch a campaign to raise awareness about ankylosing spondylitis.
- He has revealed in his interviews that he has battled with ulcerative colitis since the age of 21.
- In 2016, he revealed in an interview that he has been suffering from depression for past 2 years. He also revealed that he often visits a therapist to tackle his mental problems and struggles.
- He is a vocal supporter of the LGBT community and has worked to create a positive dialogue between the LGBT community and the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Since 2013, his band has been one of the prominent supporters and benefactors of The Tyler Robinson Foundation, which works to help young cancer patients.
- He has been instrumental in the creation of LoveLoud Fest, which supports and benefits various LGBTQ organizations.
- As of 2018, he is the only original member left in Imagine Dragons.
- Follow Dan Reynolds on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sven-Sebastian Sajak / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0