Danica Mae McKellar
La Jolla, California, USA
In June 1998, she graduated summa cum laude from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) with a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics.
As an undergraduate, she co-authored a scientific paper with a professor and her student, titled “Percolation and Gibbs states multiplicity for ferromagnetic Ashkin-Teller models on “.
Actress, film director, author, education advocate
- Father – Christopher McKellar (Real estate developer)
- Mother – Mahalia (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Crystal McKellar (Younger Sister) (Attorney and former child actress), Christopher McKellar Jr (Half-Brother), Connor McKellar (Half-Brother)
McKellar is signed to Matt Sherman Management.
Get to know about Danica’s management and other contact information at her official website.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She started dating composer, Mike Verta in 2001 and engaged him in August 2008. On March 22, 2009, Danica and Mike married each other in La Jolla, California. The couple had their first child, a son named, Draco on September 7, 2010. After three years of successful married life, the couple split in June 2012 and Danica filed for divorce. It was finalized in February 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Portuguese ancestry on her mother’s side while she is of Dutch, French, German, Irish and Scottish descent.
An actress with a strong academic background. She has co-authored a scientific paper as an undergraduate.
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She has appeared in a Zales commercial.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing school girl Winnie Cooper in the ABC’s comedy-drama TV show The Wonder Years from 1988 to 1993. She starred in the show and appeared in 98 episodes.
In 1992, she played the role as Lauren in the action film Sidekicks.
First TV Show
In 1985, Danica appeared in the CBS’ The Twilight Zone where she played the role of 10 years old Nola in an episode entitled “Her Pilgrim Soul”.
For participating in DWTS, she practiced exercises and dancing for upto 7 hours a day and had been taking ice baths each night.
Danica McKellar Favorite Things
Danica McKellar Facts
- She has interests in mathematics, ballroom dancing, acting, and yoga.
- Danica was born in La Jolla (California) but relocated to Los Angeles at the age of eight.
- McKellar is fluent in French. She learned the language in school.
- Danica considers her younger sister, Crystal as her best friend.
- She was the celebrity judge at UCLA Spring Sing 2005.
- She has written many mathematics books for primary school children.
- In 2014, she participated in the dance reality show Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy.
- She has authored many books. Get the full list here.
- Visit her official website @ www.danicamckellar.com.
- Connect with Danica on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.