|Debbie Gibson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1970|
Debbie Gibson is an American singer, songwriter, actress, director, and producer, best known for her debut studio album, Out of the Blue (1987) which quickly rose in prominence and was later certified triple “Platinum” by the RIAA. A hit single from the album, Foolish Beat, earned her a title of the youngest female artist that wrote, performed, and produced a single that topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Deborah Ann Gibson
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
She graduated from Sanford H. Calhoun High School in Merrick, New York, United States in 1988.
Singer, Songwriter, Director, Producer, Actress
- Father – Joseph Gibson (Schultz)
- Mother – Diane Gibson (née Pustizzi)
- Siblings – She has 2 older siblings and 1 younger sibling.
- Others – Albert Pustizzi (Maternal Grandfather), Josephine Pustizzi (Maternal Grandmother)
Debbie Gibson is represented by –
- David Shapira & Associates (Talent Agent Theatrical) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Deborah Gibbson2 Management (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
Pop, Dance-Pop, Pop Rock, Latin Freestyle
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Debbie Gibson has dated –
- Gunnar Nelson – She had an encounter with a musician named Gunnar Nelson in the past.
- Darren Day (1994) – She dated British actor Darren Day in 1994.
- Todd Newton (1997-1998) – Debbie was in a 1-year relationship with a game show host Todd Newton.
- Jonathan Kanterman (1993-2003) – Debbie was once engaged to Jonathan and they often appeared together in the media between 1999 and 2003. Unfortunately, in August 2003, it was revealed that they had called off the wedding.
- Ryan Seacrest (2003) – It was rumored that she had called off her wedding after she met Ryan, a well-known TV host. They teamed up to judge on American Juniors, a spin-off of the reality-TV series American Idol in 2003.
- Constantine Maroulis (2004-2005) – Towards the mid-2000s, she dated a fellow singer from Greece for a year.
- Lorenzo Lamas (2006-2007) – Between July 2006 and February 2007, Debbie and the fellow actor Lorenzo Lamas were an item.
- Joseph “Joey” Gian (2007-2008) – For a year, Debbie dated a fellow actor, Joey Gian, best known for his role as Detective Tom Ryan in the TV series Knots Landing (1989-1993).
- Dr. Rutledge Taylor (2008-2019) – In April 2008, she began dating a doctor who was behind the formulation of NightKaps, capsules that helped with insomnia. Debbie also battled Lyme disease since 2013 and has suffered adrenal fatigue hence why they decided not to have children. Debbie was also adamant about not getting married – she found the experience of putting on the gown “magical” but felt the ceremony odd, traditional, and unnecessary. They broke up in early 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German and possibly Russian descent on her paternal side and of Italian/Sicilian descent on her maternal side.
- Perky nose
- Dimpled smile
Debbie Gibson Facts
- Her dad’s last name was actually Schultz but his mom remarried a guy whose last name was Gibson before leaving him in the orphanage. He met his real dad at the age of 50.
- Debbie is pro-adoption and has volunteered in numerous foster homes. She admired Sandra Bullock for adopting a son at the age of 45.
- According to Debbie, her maternal Italian ancestry is to blame for her having a temper that flares up when she is pushed to the limit.
- Debbie was an actress before she became a singer. Her parents enjoyed driving her to various movie sets between the ages of 11 and 16.
- Debbie has released 9 studio albums between 1987 and 2010 – Out of the Blue (1987), Electric Youth (1989), Anything Is Possible (1990), Body Mind Soul (1993), Think with Your Heart (1995), Deborah (1997), M.Y.O.B. (2001), Colored Lights: The Broadway Album (2003), and Ms. Vocalist (2010).
- She believes in the supernatural and used to visit a medium named Ann Cervone when she was 17, 19, and 22 years old. In 2018, she visited Theresa Caputo, a medium behind the TV show Long Island Medium to have a seance.
- She has 2 dogs named Joey and Trouper. She also hires a dog walker and a dog wrangler so she could take them with her on a tour.
- Debbie keeps her body in shape by walking, swimming, and playing “hardcore” with her dogs. She eats a 90% protein diet, and the remainder consists of low-glycemic fruit and vegetables.
- Debbie admitted to abusing drugs while touring in the past. She specifically used a mix of Tylenol PM and Xanax to endure long days on the road.
- If ever a movie is made on Debbie’s own life (biopic), Debbie would want JoJo Siwa to play her in that movie.
Featured Image by Save-Me-Oprah / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.5