|Danica McKellar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 3, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Danica McKellar is an American actress, education advocate, and mathematics writer who is best known for portraying roles such as Winnie Cooper in The Wonder Years, The Quail in Project Mc2, and Abby in The Big Bang Theory. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Good Neighbor, XCU: Extreme Close Up, Raising Genius, Where Hope Grows, The Twilight Zone, Walker, Texas Ranger, Static Shock, Justice League, King of the Hill, Moment of Truth: Cradle of Conspiracy, How I Met Your Mother, Transformers: Rescue Bots, Impractical Jokers, DC Super Hero Girls, Domino Masters, and many more. She has published various non-fiction books related to mathematics such as Math Doesn’t Suck, Kiss My Math, Girls Get Curves: Geometry Takes Shape, and Hot X: Algebra Exposed.
Danica Mae McKellar
La Jolla, California, U.S.
In June 1998, she graduated summa cum laude from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) with a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics. She minored in physics.
As an undergraduate, she co-authored a scientific paper with a professor and her student, titled “Percolation and Gibbs states multiplicity for ferromagnetic Ashkin-Teller models on “.
Actress, Film Director, Author, Education Advocate, Mathematics Writer
- Father – Christopher McKellar (Real Estate Developer)
- Mother – Mahalia (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Crystal McKellar (Younger Sister) (Attorney and former child actress), Christopher McKellar Jr (Half-Brother), Connor McKellar (Half-Brother)
McKellar is signed to Matt Sherman Management.
Get to know about Danica’s management and other contact information at her official website.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Danica has dated –
- Mike Verta (2001-2012) – She started dating composer, Mike Verta in 2001 and engaged him in August 2008. On March 22, 2009, Danica and Mike married each other in La Jolla, California. The couple had their first child, a son named, Draco on September 7, 2010. After three years of successful married life, the couple split in June 2012 and Danica filed for divorce. It was finalized in February 2013.
- Scott Sveslosky – She later started dating Scott Sveslosky. The couple got engaged in July 2014 and tied the knot on November 15, 2014, in Kauai, Hawaii. Both love jigsaw puzzles.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Portuguese ancestry on her mother’s side while she is of Dutch, French, German, Irish, and Scottish descent.
An actress with a strong academic background. She has co-authored a scientific paper as an undergraduate.
33-23-34 in or 84-58.5-87 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She has appeared in a Zales commercial.
Best Known For
Playing school girl Winnie Cooper in the ABC’s comedy-drama TV show The Wonder Years from 1988 to 1993. She starred in the show and appeared in 98 episodes.
In 1992, she played the role as Lauren in the action film Sidekicks.
First TV Show
In 1985, Danica appeared in CBS’ The Twilight Zone where she played the role of 10 years old Nola in an episode entitled “Her Pilgrim Soul”.
Danica is in good body shape, thanks to her workouts which include yoga, dancing, and a low-carb gluten-free diet.
She stays away from gluten, sugar, and dairy products and drinks an ample amount of water.
She has also released her own yoga DVD “Daily Dose of Dharma“. So, she is very much oriented toward yoga.
For participating in DWTS, she practiced exercises and danced for up to 7 hours a day, and had taken ice baths each night.
Danica McKellar Favorite Things
- Cheat Food – Dark-chocolate-covered almonds
Source – Us Magazine
Danica McKellar Facts
- She has interests in mathematics, ballroom dancing, acting, and yoga.
- Danica was born in La Jolla (California) but relocated to Los Angeles at the age of eight.
- McKellar is fluent in French. She learned the language in school.
- Danica considers her younger sister, Crystal as her best friend.
- She was the celebrity judge at UCLA Spring Sing 2005.
- She has written many mathematics books for primary school children.
- In 2014, she participated in the dance reality show Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy. Just before week 7, she had broken her rib.
- She has authored many books. Get the full list here.
- She has been featured in the music videos of songs like Debbie Gibson‘s No More Rhyme and Avril Lavigne‘s Rock n Roll.
- Danica has done voiceover work in video games for characters such as Jubilee in X-Men Legends, Lolla Cotgrove / Pona in EverQuest II, and Invisible Woman in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.
- She drinks alcohol rarely.
- Once she was going to school with her sister and they found actor Michael J. Fox driving past them and waving to them. They freaked out.
- She is a workaholic.
- In the summer of 2020, she had published her book called The Times Machine! in the McKellar Math book series. Overall, she has published over a dozen books.
- She never uses a ghostwriter to write books. All the words have been written by her.
- From a young age until now, she is a fan of mermaids.
- She has an infrared sauna at her office. She loves sweating.
- She enjoys helping kids with their math homework.
- She was not always great at mathematics. Growing up, she struggled with her math homework and would cry.
- She has appeared in over 15 Hallmark movies. Some of them are Christmas movies.
- She is able to eat cold smoked oysters directly by removing them from the can.
- She has co-written the Chayes-McKellar-Winn theorem which is a mathematical physics theorem.
- Along with her mom, she has created a beginner’s yoga-and-meditation DVD called Daily Dose of Dharma.
- Her mother celebrates her half-birthday on July 3 with half a cake. This is because her birthday falls on January 3 which is just after the holidays and festive season.
Pretty Danica and I are the same height, she has me beat in the weight department! (by 13 lbs!!)