|Daniel Henney Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Daniel Phillip Henney / Jeom Deok-su
Mr. Robin, Phillip
Carson City, Michigan, United States
Daniel Henney went to the Carson City-Crystal High School and graduated in 1998.
He later got enrolled at Albion College on a sports scholarship. He has also studied at Alma College and Elgin College in Illinois. However, he wasn’t able to earn a college graduation degree as he had started focusing on his modeling career.
However, it has been falsely rumored that he attended the University of Illinois at Chicago and had an economics major from the university.
Actor, model, singer
- Father – Philip Henney
- Mother – Christine Henney
- Siblings – None
- Others – Bryan William Henney (Paternal Grandfather), Grace Arlene Munson (Paternal Grandmother), Frank Boone (Adoptive Maternal Grandfather), Ruth Sickelsteel (Adoptive Maternal Grandmother)
Daniel Henney is represented by
- Jeong Won-seok
- DNA Model Management (US)
- Apple of the Eye Co., Ltd. (Korea)
Vocals and guitar
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
87 kg or 192 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Henney has dated
- Maggie Q (2005) – Daniel was reported to be going out with actress Maggie Q in 2005. These relationship rumors were sparked after they were pictured out and about at numerous occasions.
- Jung Ryeo-won – After Maggie Q, Henney was linked up with South Korean actress and model Jung Ryeo-won. They had hooked up after having grown close while shooting for the TV commercial for Minute Maid.
- Gwyneth Paltrow (2006) – Daniel was RUMORed to be having an affair with actress Gwyneth Paltrow in 2006. They were reported to have grown close while doing endorsement work for Bean Pole International. It is worth noting that she was married to rocker Chris Martin at that time.
- Lee Na-young (2010-2011) – Towards the end of 2010 and start of 2011, Henney was reported to be seeing actress Lee Na-young. It was claimed that they had grown close while working in the TV series, Fugitive. A South Korean tabloid had also published pictures of their alleged romantic dates.
- Xun Zhou (2011) – In 2011, it was RUMORed that Daniel was dating Chinese singer and actor Xun Zhou. These relationship rumors were sparked by their presence at A Night in Portofino event in Culver City in April 2011. Zhou had accompanied him at the event as his date.
- Jessica Sooyoun Jung (2012) – In April 2012, it was reported that Henney was going out with fashion designer and actress, Jessica Sooyoun Jung. They were pictured together at the Burberry Taiwan flagship store opening event.
- Sooyoung (2016) – At the start of 2016, Daniel was reported to have hooked up with South Korean actress Sooyoung. They had grown close while working on the endorsement campaign for the spring collection from the clothing brand, Coach.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Irish American ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of Korean American descent.
- Towering height
- Athletic Body
Daniel has done endorsement work for brands which include –
- Clothing brand, Bean Pole (alongside actress Gwyneth Paltrow)
- Lux (alongside Singaporean singer Stefanie Sun)
- Wide Angle Golfwear
- Daewoo Gentra (GM Daewoo)
- Asiana Airlines
- Minute Maid
- Olympus Camera
- HSBC Commercial Banking
- Taster’s Choice
- Outback Steakhouse
- LG Electronics Xcanvas Flat Panel TV
- Praud Appliances
- Hyundai Holdings
- Dalkomm Coffee
- Prospecs Footwear
- CJ Home Shopping
- Mapool English Academy
- Joong Ang Heights
- Pespow Outerwear
- Li Homme
Best Known For
- Being cast as Matthew Simmons in the police drama thriller series, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.
- Having played the role of Agent Zero in the superhero movie, X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009).
As a Singer
Daniel is a member of the underground music band, Avarice. He is the lead singer of the band and plays guitar as well.
He also sang the theme song for the TV series, Seducing Mr. Perfect, along with boy band Clazziquai’s band member Alex.
In December 2006, Daniel made his film debut in the South Korean romantic movie, Seducing Mr. Perfect.
First TV Show
In July 2005, Daniel made his first TV show appearance as the lead role of Dr. Henry Kim in the South Korean TV series, My Lovely Sam Soon.
While studying in high school and college, he was a basketball player, which means he already had a decent athletic routine in place.
For the last one and a half decades, he has made sure that he works out daily. Even, if he can’t head to the gym, he makes sure that he jogs for half an hour every day. Also, he tries to eat as healthy as possible and makes it a point to drink a lot of water.
Daniel Henney Favorite Things
- Song – Untitled by Stellastarr, Brandy by Looking Glass
- Food – Kimchi JJigae, his paternal grandmother’s meatloaf, or his Mom’s meatball sandwiches
- Movie – Top Gun (1986)
Source – Facebook
Daniel Henney Facts
- While in high school, he was a pretty good basketball player and in his senior year, led his high school team to MHSAA Central region (CSAA) championship.
- He started his modeling career in 2001, while he was still studying in college.
- He has revealed in his interviews that one of the reasons behind pursuing an acting career in South Korea was that he wanted to track down his mother’s family.
- In his free time, he likes to strum his guitar and read.
- He is a dog lover and has dogs named, Mango and Stella.