|Daniel Wyllie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||1970|
Daniel Wyllie is an Australian actor and screenwriter, best known for his early on-stage roles in Company B Belvoir theatre, as well as starring in notable plays The Lieutenant of Inishmore, The Pillowman, and Cloudstreet, that played for a number of years, some of which toured internationally. Daniel’s cinematographic history included roles of Frank Fletcher in Spotswood or The Efficiency Expert (1992), Cackles in Romper Stomper (1992), Perry Heslop in Muriel’s Wedding, Robbie in Holy Smoke (1999), Bluey in Chopper (2000), Alf Mason in Peter Pan (2003), and Ezra White in Animal Kingdom (2010) with Joel Edgerton.
He also appeared in a role of a pool player in The Hunter (2011) with Willem Dafoe, and Captain Brindley in The Water Diviner (2014) alongside Russell Crowe, Olga Kurylenko, and Jai Courtney. Daniel also appeared in notable TV series such as Bad Cop, Bad Cop (2002-2003), Love My Way (2004-2007), animated show Sea Princesses (2009), Tracey McBean (2001-2011), Bananas in Pyjamas (2011-2013), Underbelly (2008-2013), Secret City (2016), No Activity (2015-2018), and Romper Stomper (2018). For the role of Charlie Jackson in Love My Way (2004-2007), Daniel received a Silver Logie Award for “Most Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series” in 2004 and was later nominated for an Australian Film Institute Award in 2005, 2006, and 2007 for his acting prowess.
Daniel Wyllie was born in 1970.
North Shore, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
For his secondary education, Daniel attended North Sydney Boys High School in Crows Nest, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Daniel then enrolled in the University of New South Wales in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, and studied arts for 2 years.
Daniel Wyllie is represented by –
- United Management (Talent Agent) in Surry Hills, New South Wales, Australia
- Wishlab (Manager) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Wyllie has dated –
- Peta Wilson (2005-2007) – Dan was in a 2-year relationship with a fellow Australian actress, known for playing Nikita in La Femme Nikita (1997–2001). They subsequently broke up during 2007.
- Shannon Murphy (2008-Present) – He started dating the theater and film director around 2008, and 6 years later, in December 2014, the pair got married in an intimate wedding of 50 guests in Thailand. The wedding was anything but formal, as he wore a crisp light-blue t-shirt, while Shannon had only a blue, dual-tone dress and tropical flowers in her hair, in addition to Buddhist symbols strewn across the wedding’s reception. They have a daughter together, who born in late 2015 or early 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Australian descent.
- Long, wavy, slicked-back haircut
- Bright, white teeth
- Prominent chin
Best Known For
Portraying the roles of Charlie Jackson in Love My Way (2004-2007), pool player in The Hunter (2011), Jimmy in No Activity (2015-2018), Perry Heslop in Muriel’s Wedding (1994), Vic in Romper Stomper (2018), and Dr. Angus Freeman in Offspring (2016)
Daniel Wyllie made his first theatrical film appearance as Frank Fletcher in the comedy-drama The Efficiency Expert (Spotswood) in 1992.
First TV Show
Daniel Wyllie made his first TV show appearance as Danny Coote in the episode named Face the Past: Part 1 of the romantic drama series A Country Practice in 1992.
Daniel Wyllie Facts
- In the early days of his career, people assumed he had a harelip or cleft lip. He often had to clarify that it was a scar which resulted from a bad car crash that happened when he was 18. Daniel hit his head on the steering wheel and lost 4 front teeth.
- He had false teeth put in as a replacement of the ones he lost. Daniel claimed he loved to take them out as a party trick, simply to gross people out or make them laugh.
- Daniel didn’t want to be an actor growing up and had plans to either become a designer, artist, or a marine biologist.
- Despite attending University of New South Wales in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia for 2 years in a course dedicated to art, as well as acting in amateur plays at Australian Theatre for Young People, he considers himself a professionally untrained actor.
- When he was cast in Toni Collette‘s directorial debut, Spotswood, also known as The Efficiency Expert in 1992, he got his own hotel room and instantly thought that acting was the best job in the world.
- Russell Crowe helped him find his 1st agent, which led to him being cast as Cackles in Romper Stomper (1992).
- He did a pizza-eating contest before he filmed the movie Muriel’s Wedding (1994). He was naturally a skinny guy and wanted to bulk up for the role as he was supposed to play a slob that didn’t take care of his appearance.
- Daniel had a tradition of trying at least 1 stage play a year, as it keeps him honest, connects him to the audience directly, and reminds him of the best moments he spent as a stage actor.
- His wife directed some of the episodes of the series Offspring (2016) that he starred in. He said that he had no problem following her lead because she was a professional, and jokingly added that she was forced to be kind to him on set.
- Daniel said that seducing Kat Stewart, who played Nat Manning in TV series Tangle (2012), was a big bonus to his role of Michael Chubievsky.
- He claimed he had a lot of fun voicing B2 in Bananas in Pyjamas (2011-2013) for 105 episodes because the animated bananas in the series were filled with positivity so he had to get excited, even forcefully.
- Daniel starred in a 10-minute feature film named Passengers in 2016, which featured only 2 characters – him, playing the role of Patrick, a father desperately trying to spend more time with his 6-year old son, Sam, played by Jude Hyland.
- He isn’t active on social media.
Featured Image by One Step Closer To Home / YouTube