|Danny Drinkwater Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9.75 in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1990|
Danny Drinkwater is an English professional footballer who is best known for his career as a midfielder for Premier League club Chelsea. In the past, he has also been a part of teams like Manchester United, Cardiff City, Leicester City, Barnsley, Aston Villa, and many more. During the course of his career, Danny has participated in numerous tournaments such as Premier League, Football League Championship, FA Cup, UEFA European Under-19 Championship, and has been the recipient of honors like Football League Championship‘s “Player of the Month”, Leicester City‘s “Goal of the Season”, and Leicester City‘s “Player of the Season”.
Daniel Noel Drinkwater
Drinkwater attended Altrincham College of Arts in Timperley. However, he later left his college studies with a total of 9 General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSEs) achieved.
Danny is signed with Stellar Football Ltd.
5 ft 9.75 in or 177 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Shiny smile
Best Known For
Being a high skilled midfielder and an excellent teammate. Drinkwater has been identified for his tremendous passing skills often resulting in creating scoring situations for his teammates.
First Football Match
He first appeared in a match for the reserve team of Manchester United against Wigan Athletic.
After being sent on loan to Huddersfield Town, Drinkwater debuted for the squad on August 15, 2009, in a victory against Southampton.
On August 8, 2010, he had his debut for Cardiff City after being loaned from Manchester United.
Danny played his first official match for the national team of England on March 29, 2016, against the Netherlands. England lost the game by 2-1 and he was named the man of the match.
- Scoring skills
Danny Drinkwater Facts
- He was a part of the U-18 and U-19 national teams of England.
- At the age of nine, Drinkwater became a part of the Manchester United academy.
- In July 2006, he signed a trainee contract with Manchester United.
- For the first time, he was a part of Manchester United’s senior team in a match against Hull on May 24, 2009. However, Danny didn’t enter the game.
- On August 14, 2009, he went on a loan to Huddersfield Town.
- On July 8, 2010, Drinkwater was loaned to Cardiff City.
- On January 28, 2011, Manchester United sent Danny on a loan to Watford.
- Drinkwater shifted to Barnsley on August 23, 2011. His loan period was about to expire on January 2, 2012, but it was extended until June 30, 2012.
- He joined Leicester City on January 20, 2012.
- Danny was Championship Player of the Month in December 2013. In the same year, he was nominated for the Championship Player of the Year award.
- On June 17, 2014, the English international extended his contract with Leicester City for 4 more years.
- He won the 2015-2016 Premier League title with Leicester City.
- In April 2019, Danni crashed his Range Rover into a wall in Mere, Cheshire, and was charged with drink-driving. He later pled guilty and received a 20-month driving ban.