|Darius Jackson Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Darius Jackson is an American professional football player who represented the Dallas Cowboys (2016, 2018-2019), the Cleveland Browns (2016-2017), and the Green Bay Packers (2018) in the NFL (National Football League), as a running back. He was selected 216th overall in the 6th round of the 2016 NFL Draft by the Dallas Cowboys. Darius was also a part of the offseason and/or practice squad of the Dallas Cowboys (2018), the Indianapolis Colts (2019, 2019-2020), the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2019), the Las Vegas Raiders (2021), and the Houston Texans (2021). He later became a free agent (a player who is not under contract with any specific team or a player who is under contract but allowed to solicit offers from other teams) and also started working as a luxury real estate advisor with the Dallas, Texas, branch of Engel & Völkers AG, a privately owned German company that provides services related to real estate transactions. Besides that, Darius has co-hosted a podcast called Players Talk Business that explores the journey of athletes transitioning to a successful career in the business world.
Sparta, Randolph County, Illinois, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Darius had attended Sparta High School in his hometown of Sparta. After his high school graduation, he joined Eastern Michigan University, a public research university in Ypsilanti, Michigan, on a sports scholarship. There, he represented the Eastern Michigan Eagles American football team between 2011 and 2015.
Professional American Football Player
- Father – Tyrone Jackson
- Mother – Sandra Jackson
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters.
- 6 – Eastern Michigan Eagles
- 33 – Cleveland Browns
- 22 – Green Bay Packers
- 34, 26 – Dallas Cowboys
- 26 – Indianapolis Colts
6 ft or 183 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of African-American descent on his father’s side and American descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, afro hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Affable smile
Darius Jackson Facts
- In his high school senior year, Darius recorded almost 1,100 rushing yards while playing at the quarterback, running back, and safety positions.
- He earned all-conference honors on both sides of the ball and was an academic all-state selection. He also used to play baseball in high school.
- In his senior year at Eastern Michigan University, Darius became a full-time starter and enjoyed a breakthrough year – rushing for 1,078 yards on 208 carries; and registering 14 rushing touchdowns, 21 receptions for 201 yards, 2 receiving touchdowns, and 16 total touchdowns. These 16 total touchdowns were a new university record.
- After being selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2016 NFL Draft, he was included in the team’s 53-man roster just to protect his rights from being claimed by another team. He was declared inactive in 14 games and waived in mid-December 2016.
- The very next day, Darius was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Browns. He was declared inactive for the remaining 3 games of the NFL season. In May 2018, he was waived by the Cleveland Browns.
- At the end of that month, he re-joined the Dallas Cowboys. In September 2018, he was waived and signed to the team’s practice squad. Later that month, Darius was signed by the Green Bay Packers as they were looking for a 3rd running back. He was waived in October 2018.
- Later that month, he was again signed to the Dallas Cowboys‘ practice squad. He was promoted to the team’s active roster in December 2018. Darius was released in August 2019, re-signed to the practice squad in September 2019, and released again later that month.
- That same month, he was signed to the practice squad of the Indianapolis Colts but was released within 4 days. In October 2019, Darius was signed to the practice squad of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but was released within 6 days.
- In November 2019, he was again signed to the practice squad of the Indianapolis Colts and signed a reserve/future contract in December 2019. In August 2020, Darius was waived by the team and eventually released in December 2020.
- In July 2021, he was signed up by the Las Vegas Raiders but waived within 5 days. In August 2021, he was signed up by the Houston Texans but waived by the end of the month. Darius was re-signed to the team’s practice squad in November 2021.
Featured Image by Darius Jackson / Instagram