|Dave McCary Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 2, 1985|
Dave McCary is an American comedian, writer, and director who is best known for having worked as a writer and segment director for the iconic late-night live TV sketch comedy and variety show Saturday Night Live (SNL) (2013-2019). He had first come into the spotlight through the sketch comedy videos that were uploaded on YouTube by Good Neighbor, a group that he had formed during college with a couple of friends.
San Diego, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dave, after his high school graduation, had attended the University of Southern California, a private research university in Los Angeles.
Comedian, Writer, Director
- Father – Gary McCary
- Mother – Diane McCary
- Siblings – Molly McCary (Sister), Sarah McCary (Sister)
- Others – Jeffrey Charles Stone (Father-in-Law) (Founder of a General Contracting Company), Krista Jean Stone (née Yeager) (Mother-in-Law), Spencer Stone (Brother-in-Law)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dave has dated –
- Emma Stone (2017-Present) – It was first revealed in October 2017 that Dave was dating actress Emma Stone, although some outlets had reported that the relationship had already begun 3 months earlier. They had first met in 2016 when she was guest-hosting an episode of Saturday Night Live (SNL). He had directed the skit Wells for Boys in which she had made an appearance during that episode. The couple eventually got engaged on December 4, 2019, and got married in a secret, private ceremony in 2020. In September 2020, Emma was rumored to be pregnant with the couple’s first child which was finally confirmed towards the end of 2020 when she was seen with a baby bump. In March 2021, the couple welcomed their first child.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Lanky frame
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a rugged beard
Dave McCary Facts
- He used to live with his childhood friend Kyle Mooney while they were attending the University of Southern California. There, he had met Nick Rutherford and Beck Bennett with whom he had eventually started a sketch comedy group called Good Neighbor, in 2007.
- Before the group was hired by Saturday Night Live (SNL), they had already filmed a pilot for the Comedy Central channel titled The Good Neighbor Show. It was reported that SNL had to enter into negotiations with Comedy Central to get them out of their existing contract so that they could work with SNL.
- Around this time, Dave had also been hired to direct the first 2 seasons of Epic Rap Battles of History, a popular YouTube web series and a musical project.
- In 2017, he had directed the independent comedy-drama film Brigsby Bear that was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
- He was nominated for 3 years in a row (2016-2018) in the category of ‘Outstanding Writing on a Variety Series’ at the Primetime Emmy Awards for his work with SNL.
Featured Image by Dave McCary / Instagram