|David de Gea Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1990|
David de Gea is a Spanish professional footballer who is best known for his career as a goalkeeper for Manchester United and the Spain national team. He is considered as one of the best goalkeepers in the world and has played for teams like Atlético Madrid in the past. During the course of his career, David has won several tournaments such as UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, Premier League, FA Community Shield, EFL Cup, UEFA European Under-17 Championship, UEFA European Under-21 Championship, and has been the recipient of honors like Premier League‘s “Golden Glove” and Manchester United‘s “Players’ Player of the Year”.
David de Gea Quintana
- Father – Jose De Gea
- Mother – Marivi Quintana
David is signed to one of his relatives.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David De Gea dated –
- Edurne Garcia Almagro (2010-Present) – David started dating Spanish TV personality and singer Edurne Garcia Almagro in 2010. The couple later tied the knot and welcomed a daughter named Yanay in March 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blonde hair and green eyes
- Often keeps a short beard
David has signed an endorsement deal with the popular sportswear brand Adidas.
Best Known For
His goalkeeping skills and tremendous reflexes that made him one of the most wanted goalkeepers in the last decade.
First Football Match
David played his first match as a member of the first team of Atletico Madrid on September 30, 2009, against Porto.
He had his La Liga debut on October 3, 2009, against Real Zaragoza.
De Gea debuted for Manchester United in a 3-1 friendly victory over Chicago Fire on July 23, 2011.
However, he made his first official league appearance on August 7, 2011, in a match against Manchester City.
David first performed for the Spanish national team on June 8, 2014, in a 2-0 friendly win against El Salvador. He appeared in his competitive debut for Spain in a 4-0 victory over Luxembourg, a match of the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying tournament.
- Shot stopping
- Energy and Passion
David de Gea Favorite Things
- Band – Avenged Sevenfold
Source – ManUTD.com
David de Gea Facts
- David grew up in Illescas, a municipality located in the province of Toledo, Castile-La Mancha, Spain.
- De Gea began his football journey at the age of 13 when he joined Atletico Madrid.
- He penned his first professional deal at the age of 17 in 2008.
- After he signed for Atletico Madrid, De Gea was sent to play in the Atletico Madrid B who competed in the Segunda Division B.
- In January 2011, David extended his contract with Atletico Madrid until 2013.
- On June 29, 2011, De Gea agreed to the terms with Manchester United and signed a deal worth 17.8 million British pounds.
- For his performance during the 2014-2015 season, De Gea was awarded PFA Players’ Player of the Year and the PFA Young Player of the Year awards. He was also chosen in the PFA Team of the Year.
- On September 11, 2015, David continued his contract with Manchester United for another four years.
- He suffers from Hyperopia, a defect of the vision which results in not being able to see close or nearby objects. Despite the problem, De Gea’s performances have never been affected.
- He was on the U-17 Spanish national team that won the 2007 European Championship and also finished 2nd at the 2007 World Cup.
- With $27 million in earnings, David was the 10th highest-paid soccer player of 2020 as per Forbes. Lionel Messi had topped the ranking with $126 million in earnings.
His blood type is A!
Source – Wattpad.com