|David Muir Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1973|
David Muir is a multiple Emmy and Edward R. Murrow awards winning television news anchor, television journalist, and managing editor. He is known for anchoring ABC news program, World News Tonight with David Muir and ABC News magazine’s 20/20. Apart from that, David has reported numerous primetime specials for ABC News such as Breaking Point: Heroin in America and Flashpoint: Refugees in America, and has done exclusive interviews of Apple CEO Tim Cook amidst his company’s battle with the FBI, former President Barack Obama’s historic trip to Cuba, and President Donald Trump’s interview after his inauguration. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 800k followers on Twitter.
David Jason Muir
Syracuse, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
David Muir studied in Onondaga Central Junior-Senior High School, graduating in May 1991. He then joined the Park School of Communications at Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York and graduated in May 1995, with a magna cum laude in BA Journalism.
While in college, David took classes at the Institute on Political Journalism at the Fund for American Studies at Georgetown University and also attended the Institute for the International Education of Students at the University of Salamanca in Spain.
Television News Anchor, Television Journalist, Managing Editor
- Father – Ronald Muir
- Mother – Pat Mills
- Siblings – Rebecca Muir (Older Sister)
- Others – He has 2 younger step-siblings, 6 nieces, and 3 nephews. Douglas A. Muir (Paternal Grandfather), Archibald Muir (Paternal Great Grandfather), Ida Mae/May Browning (Paternal Great Grandmother), Mary E. McGrath (Paternal Grandmother), James McGrath (Paternal Great Grandfather), Sadie Edenger (Paternal Great Grandmother), Anthony R. Pontello (Maternal Grandfather), Richard Diego Pontello (Maternal Great Grandfather), Desolina/Desileana “Nellie” Petta (Maternal Great Grandmother), Rita Marion Duffy (Maternal Grandmother), John Henry Duffy (Maternal Great Grandfather), Louise J. Marsh (Maternal Great Grandmother)
David Muir can be reached at ABC News, New York City, New York, United States.
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Muir has rarely spoken about his personal life with the media, which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about his dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, English, Scottish, German, and one-quarter Sicilian/Italian descent.
- Long face
- Maintains a neat, combed back hairstyle
- Toned physique
He was born into a Roman Catholic family.
Best Known For
Anchoring one of America’s most watched newscasts World News Tonight with David Muir on ABC and co-anchoring the ABC News magazine 20/20 as he travels to different places like Gaza, Egypt, Iran, Somalia, Japan, Peru, Ukraine, Haiti, and the Gulf of Mexico to cover the news
In 2012, he made his feature film debut by making a cameo appearance in the drama film Janeane from Des Moines.
First TV Show
In 2003, he made his first TV show appearance as an anchor on the news series, World News Now.
David Muir works out regularly in the gym. He likes to use the treadmill while in the gym. He also plays tennis occasionally to stay fit.
David Muir Facts
- He grew up in Onondaga Hill, New York.
- He can speak Spanish fluently.
- During his vacation, he often spent his teenage days working at the local CBS, WTVH-TV 5 in Syracuse.
- At the WTVH-TV 5, his height was often measured to check how much he has grown on school breaks.
- When he was in 6th grade, he told his teacher that he would be a newscaster and take Matt Lauer‘s job.
- One historical event he wishes he could have covered was the D-Day event when the Allied forces landed in the beaches of Normandy, France to end WW II.
- He gets his biggest adrenaline rush during interviews just before he drops an H-bomb question on his guests.
- He does not use sign-off lines because it seems predictable.
- David has a signature selfie face with fans where three-quarters of his face is toward the camera (making it look big) and a slightly pouty smile.
- He likes to get his daily news in print formats such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and others, as he like the physicality of papers.
- Like every New Yorker, he likes to take the subway to work.
- He has a particular office soundtrack for specific days like Radiohead days and Coldplay days.
- He likes binge-watching House of Cards and Mad Men (2007-2015).
- His personal style is “classic but understated” and includes suits from Zegna, jeans from A.P.C., and the signature sunglasses from Randolph gold-framed aviator collection.
- In his office, he has his Emmy trophies arranged in a neat line with the wings facing the same direction.
- His vice is a Venti Red Eye, which is 20-ounce Starbucks coffee with a shot of espresso.
- In tennis, he is more of a backhand player than the forehand.
- He listens to a Spotify playlist called Teen Party while running on the treadmill.
- He likes reading books that “gravitate to dark studies of the human condition” like Rachel Kushner’s The Flamethrowers and Jhumpa Lahiri’s The Lowland.
- David loves long flights because no one can reach him.
- He watched The Notebook (2004) during a flight, and it made him teary in front of the stewardess.
- He feels blessed whenever he turns onto I-81 and drive his way back to Syracuse.
- In 2013, he was named as one of the “12 to Watch in TV News” by TV Week.
- In 2014, People magazine included him in their list of “Sexiest Men Alive”.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by David Muir / Instagram