|David Silva Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
David Silva is a Spanish professional footballer who is best known for his career as a central or an attacking midfielder for the La Liga club Real Sociedad. He is known for his possession-retaining qualities and passing ability. He has also played for teams like Valencia and Manchester City in the past. During the course of his career, David has won tournaments such as Copa del Rey, Premier League, FA Community Shield, FA Cup, Football League/EFL Cup, UEFA European Under-19 Championship, UEFA European Championship, FIFA World Cup, and has received honors like Manchester City‘s “Player of the Season” and Premier League‘s “Player of the Month”.
David Josué Jiménez Silva
David Silva, Merlin
Arguineguin, Gran Canaria, Spain
- Father – Fernando Jimenez (Former Police Officer)
- Mother – Eva Silva
- Siblings – Nando Jimenez Silva (Younger Brother), Natalia Jimenez Silva (Older Sister)
Silva is signed with IFM.
Attacking Midfielder / Winger
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Silva is of Japanese descent.
- Small frame (Standing only 5 ft 7 in)
- Mole mark on the left side near his chin
- Mop Top hairstyle
Best Known For
His quickness and speed on the football pitch and also for his high IQ as a midfielder. He became noticeable while he played for the Spanish team Valencia.
First Football Match
Silva made his professional debut during the 2004-2005 season while he was on loan by Eibar from Valencia.
He played his first official match for Manchester City on August 14, 2014, against Tottenham Hotspur.
On November 15, 2006, David debuted for the senior national team of Spain in a friendly match against Romania.
- Ball Handling
- Free Kicks
- Speed and Quickness
David has not taken a part in any of the movies yet, but he played as himself in the documentary film The Referees (2009).
As we mentioned earlier in this article, David’s trademarks are his speed, quickness, and agility. His potential as a midfielder was never questioned because of one reason, his work ethic. The Spanish international is described as a very calm player who is always relying on hard work.
Silva’s god-given gift – his athletic potential backed up with his primary leg being left, and the work he puts in made him what he is today, a complete attacking midfielder and one of the best in the business.
David Silva Favorite Things
- Food – Rice cooked in Cuban style (Arroz a la cubana in Spanish)
- Hobbies – Playing Racket Sports
- TV Show – TV series in both Spanish and English
- Actor – Denzel Washington
- Actress – Scarlett Johansson
- Color – None. He likes all of them.
Source – DavidJimenezSilva.com
David Silva Facts
- While young, he played football in the youth team UD San Fernando.
- Before he began playing as a winger, Silva was a goalkeeper.
- David idolized the former Danish attacking midfielder Michael Laudrup.
- At the age of 14, he accepted the offer from Valencia to join their youth team. He remained in the squad until 17.
- Silva won the Copa del Rey 2008 trophy with Valencia’s first team.
- On June 30, 2010, David got transferred to Manchester City. He signed a four-year deal before the start of the 2010-2011 season.
- He won the 2011-2012 Premier League with Manchester City. The same year, he was named in the Premier League Team of the Year.
- On September 17, 2012, Silva extended his contract with Manchester City for five more years.
- Silva was a part of the U-17 Spanish national team during the 2003 FIFA u-17 World Championship in Finland.
- He played for the U-21 Spanish national team at the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship.
- In August 2020, it was revealed that David had tested positive for COVID-19.