|Deiveson Figueiredo Quick Info
|5 ft 5 in
|Date of Birth
|December 18, 1987
Deiveson Figueiredo is a Brazilian professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the flyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2017. As of June of 2021, he was ranked number 1 in the UFC flyweight rankings. He is a former UFC flyweight champion. Before joining UFC in 2017, he had put together an undefeated winning streak of 11–0 and was unbeaten for more than 5 years competing on the regional circuit primarily in his native Brazil. He holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Deiveson Alcântara Figueiredo
Daico, Deus Da Guerra (God of War), Figgy Smalls
Soure, Pará, Brazil
Belém, Pará, Brazil
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – His father was a buffalo herder.
- Mother – Silvana Alcântara
- Siblings – Francisco Figueiredo (Brother) (Professional Mixed Martial Artist). He also has a younger sister.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Deiveson has dated –
- Bruna Moraes (2015-Present) – Deiveson had started dating Bruna Moraes in 2015 and the couple got married later. They have a son together named Benicio Figueiredo (b. February 2019). He has a stepdaughter (b. 2011) from Bruna’s previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Brazilian descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
- Has a tattoo on his right shoulder
Deiveson Figueiredo Facts
- Deiveson’s last name, Figueiredo, in old Portuguese, means the son of a Figueira, where Figueira refers to a fig tree.
- His father was a buffalo herder who used to practice luta marajoara, a local style of folk wrestling. Deiveson was a cowboy as a youngster and used to help his father at an animal farm until the age of 13. A few years before this, he had started to follow his father into wrestling. He had moved to the city of Belém and had started getting trained in capoeira, a Brazilian martial art that combines elements of dance, acrobatics, and music.
- Before he began competing in MMA professionally, he had worked as a bricklayer, hairdresser, and sushi chef. Using the money that he had earned through his first few MMA bouts, he had purchased a pet water buffalo and had named it ‘Ferdinand’.
- In February 2020, he was set to face Joseph Benavidez for the vacant UFC Flyweight Championship. At the weigh-in, however, he had weighed in at 127.5 pounds which was 2.5 pounds over the title fight limit. He had to forfeit 30 percent of his purse to Joseph and was consequently not eligible to win the title. The match went on, however, and he managed to win via TKO in the 2nd round.
- Coming into that fight, he had to cut 11 kilograms (24 lbs) due to which he had reportedly suffered from kidney and stomach pains after which his team had decided to stop him from cutting weight further. In July 2020, he had entered into a rematch with Joseph which he won via technical submission in the first round, thus clinching the vacant UFC Flyweight Championship.
Featured Image by Deiveson Figueiredo / Instagram