|Alexis Sánchez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alexis Sánchez is a Chilean professional footballer who is best known for his career as a forward for Ligue 1 club Marseille and the Chile national team. He is considered as one of the greatest Chilean players of all time. He has also been a part of teams like Cobreloa, Udinese, Barcelona, Inter Milan, and Manchester United in the past. During the course of his career, he has won several tournaments such as Primera División de Chile, Argentine Primera División, La Liga, Copa del Rey, FIFA Club World Cup, Supercopa de España, UEFA Super Cup, Copa América, Supercoppa Italiana, and has been the recipient of honors like Arsenal‘s “Player of the Season Award”, PFA‘s “Fans’ Player of the Year”, Facebook FA Premier League‘s “Player of the Year”, Kids’ Choice Awards‘ “Favorite UK Footballer”, and many more.
Alexis Alejandro Sánchez Sánchez
Niño Maravilla, AS7, Electric Sanchez, Duracell, Ardilla or Squirrel
Tocopilla, Antofagasta Region, Chile
Alexis Sanchez grew up in a poor provincial village town in the Northern part of Chile, which makes it difficult for us to give exact information about his early education.
However, it is known that at some point, he studied in local school E10. He joined Rancagua, which is one of the academies operated by Santiago side Universidad Católica at the age of ten. The academy took care of his formal education as well as football education.
He soon returned from the Rancagua and joined Club de Deportes Cobreloa youth squad. It was at Cobreloa that he completed his education before making his competitive debut.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Gullermo Soto
- Mother – Martina Sanchez (Fish seller)
- Siblings – Humberto Sanchez (Older Brother), Marjorie Sanchez (Older Sister), Tamara Sanchez (Younger Sister)
Alexis is represented by Fernando Felicevich.
Winger, Center Forward, Striker
At the Italian club Udinese Calcio, Alexis used to play in the number 7 shirt.
He wore number 9 shirt, while playing for the Catalan giants Barcelona FC.
He was given the number 7 by English club after transfer from Barcelona. He dons the same number for Chile national team as well.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
62 kg to 137 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexis Sanchez has dated –
- Faloon Larraguibel (2009) – Alexis Sanchez went out with model and TV show host, Faloon Larraguibel for a couple of months in 2009. According to the widespread rumors, they met at a social event before going out for a couple of dates.
- Tamara Primus (2010) – Alexis had a short-lived affair with the Chilean TV actress Tamara Primus. Alexis had met the curvaceous beauty at an upscale nightclub in the Chilean capital, Santiago.
- Roxana Munoz (2011) – The former Barcelona winger had another short affair with the movie actress Roxana Munoz.
- Valentina Roth (2010-2011) – Sanchez met the former gymnast and dancer Valentina Roth in April 2010, while she was working in a Chilean version of Strictly Come Dancing. According to Valentina, they met about eight to nine times in over a year at Sanchez’s one bedroom flat for purely physical encounters. Their affair ended in October 2011, when during a romp, Valentina found that Alexis’s friends were hiding in the closet and recording their steamy session.
- Mary Plaza (2012-2014) – This affair turned out to be an embarrassment for the mercurial attacker as Mary Plaza revealed in an interview that she was three months pregnant with Alexis’s child. This revelation came in July 2014, about two and half years after the initial reports of the affair.
- Michelle Carvalho (2013) – The Chilean superstar started going out with Brazilian actress and model Michelle Carvalho in March 2013. The then 19-year-old model even moved in with Sanchez in Barcelona before the relationship ended towards the end of the year.
- Laia Grassi (2013-2014) – Sanchez started dating Spanish art gallery director Laia Grassi early in 2013. When Sanchez moved from Barcelona to Arsenal, the Spanish moved in with his man. They were regularly seen together while out and about in London and Grassi was constant presence at the Emirates stadium. However, Grassi dumped Alexis when it emerged that he was trying to get former Miss Chile Camila Andrade in his bed. Although, some South American outlets reported that the breakup was due to Sanchez’s lack of performance in the bedroom.
- Melina Figueroa (2015) – Alexis had a fling with the Brazilian actress Melina Figueroa. The affair began in January 2015 when the South American beauty traveled to visit Alexis in London. She was even seen at a couple of Arsenal’s home games at the Emirates stadium.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short Stature
- Stocky Body
- Energetic Presence
Sanchez is a huge star in his home nation Chile and he has smartly used that influence to ink money-spinning endorsement deals, including a lucrative deal with Huawei for becoming its brand ambassador in Chile.
He also had a multi-million deal with the football cleats manufacturer Nike and had appeared in commercials for the same. He has recently appeared in a TV advert for Nike’s Mercurial range.
He also had a deal with soft drinks giant Pepsi and recently appeared in an advert for the Pepsi Max along with Sergio Aguero and James Rodriguez.
Best Known For
- His explosive and direct dribbling style
- His long-range stunning goals
- Being the second most capped player for his national team
First Soccer Match
Alexis Sanchez made his Serie A debut for Calcio Udinese in a 1-0 loss against Juventus on September 14, 2008.
He played his first match for Barcelona on August 14, 2011, against hated rivals Real Madrid in a 2012 Supercopa de España first leg at the Santiago Bernabéu stadium.
His first appearance for Arsenal in the Premier League came against Crystal Palace on August 27, 2014, in a 2-1 win at Emirates Stadium.
Sanchez’s first competitive appearance for his national team came against New Zealand on April 27, 2006.
- Long Distance Shots
- Selfish play on some occasions
Till date, he hasn’t made any type of appearance in theatrical films.
However, he was seen in a documentary Ojos Rojos in 2010 as himself. But, he role was uncredited.
First TV Show
His first TV appearance came in Caiga quien caiga show in an episode dated July 10, 2011 as himself.
Alexis Sanchez loves to train according to his Arsenal teammates. In an interview, Theo Walcott revealed that the South American superstar doesn’t even like having off days for recovery. He is so dedicated to his training that he often does pushups while manager Arsene Wenger delivers tactics talk. He comes early in the training and is often the last player to leave.
Alexis Sanchez Favorite Things
- Player – Ronaldo (Brazilian Striker)
Source – Express
Alexis Sanchez Facts
- His family was so poor that he had to borrow soccer shoes for an U14 tournament. In the tournament, he scored eight goals in one match and as reward, Tocopila mayor gifted him his first shoes.
- His father left his family shortly after Alexis was born. His uncle Jose Delaigue was paternal figure in his life.
- He used to wash cars parked in the village cemetery or just used to make sure that no one steals them to earn some money.
- Another source of extra pocket money was to box with other children and to perform few gymnastic routines for the passerby and neighbors.
- Before he moved to Barcelona in 2009, his club Udinese had accepted bid from Manchester City. However, Sanchez refused to board plane to complete the move.
- He made his competitive debut at the age of 16 with Cobreloa and was signed by Udinese a year later for £1.7 million fee.
- It took him around two years to make his debut for Udinese as he was first loaned to Chilean club Colo-Colo for a season and then to River Plate for another season.
- He won Chilean Premiera División with Colo-Colo and Argentine Primera División with River Plate.
- Every Christmas, he visits his hometown Tocopilla dressed as Santa Claus and distributes gift to underprivileged kids.
- He also gave £160,000 for the restoration of five soccer pitches in his hometown and takes care of the training program as well.
- When he made his debut for the national team against New Zealand, he became the youngest player at the age of 17 years and five months to represent Chile.
- For Udinese, he scored four goals against Palermo in February 2011, which were the highest number of goals scored by Chilean player in a Serie A match.
- For his great performances in 2011, he was declared as the most promising player in a poll conducted online by FIFA. He finished ahead of Neymar, Gareth Bale and Ganso.
- He won the FA cup with Arsenal in his debut season with the English side. He was also named the club’s player of the season.
- He was also named Professional Footballers’ Association Fans player of the year for 2015.
- He has won two Copa América tournaments in 2015 and 2016 with his national side.
- He was declared player of the tournament at the 2016 Copa América and was awarded Golden Ball.