James David Rodríguez Rubio
James, James Bond of Banfield, Galactico
At young age, James decided to quit school in order to fully focus in his pursue of a football career. Eventually after he became a professional, the Colombian international enrolled him in the Universidad Nacional Abierta y a Distancia.
- Father – Wilson James Rodriguez Bedoya
- Mother – Maria Del Pilar Rubio
- Siblings – Unknown
Rodriguez is signed with Gestifute.
Attacking Midfielder / Winger
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
76 kg or 167½ lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
In 2011, James Rodriguez married Daniela Ospina, the sister of the Colombian goalkeeper David Ospina. Together James and Daniela have one child, daughter Salome (b. May 29, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
- Shiny smile
James’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15½ in or 39½ cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
James has signed sponsorship contract with Adidas.
Also, Rodriguez has been seen in numerous TV adverts for Real Madrid, Pony Malta, Nestle, Milo, Pepsi, Toyota, and Clear.
Best Known For
His versatility and the ability to play as a playmaker, winger, and central midfielder. James is also known for his football technique, vision and the ability to create great scoring situations for his teammates. It is worth to mention that he has been compared to his countryman, former player Carlos Valderrama.
First Football Match
James played his first official match for the Argentinian club Banfield on February 7, 2009.
On July 18, 2010, Rodriguez performed for Porto in a friendly match against Ajax.
He debuted for the French club AS Monaco in a 2-0 victory against Bordeaux.
Rodriguez had his debut for Real Madrid in a UEFA Super Cup match against Sevilla.
On October 11, 2011, James had his first national team appearance in a match against Bolivia.
- Free Kicks
- Long Shots
- Aerial plays
He has not performed in a movie yet.
First TV Show
Rodriguez has not been seen in any other TV show other than football matches itself.
Many experts have been thrilled by the work discipline James has developed since young age. Being able to work twice a day despite being only 13 is a gift that James’s parents have been able to pass to their son, and which they don’t need to regret despite James’s decision on abandoning his studies, so he chases his football dream.
Over the years, James has developed into a world class footballer, very athletic with a high potential to become the next world superstar. We can see the hours of sweat in his versatile game, his scoring skills and tremendous ball handling technique.
His athletic potential is a product of a lot of strength and agility and speed training. Rodriguez does a specific weight lifting routine mostly targeting his complete body through a combination of exercises such as deadlifts, squats, Olympic lifts which target multiple muscle groups at the same time. Being able to be a part of a world-class team often is very beneficial, but not because of the salary of the footballer, but because of the professionalism of the trainers, their educational background and the level of expertise they possess which eventually results in great workouts and huge athletic/skill improvement.
In the continuation of this post, we will like to share two videos of how Rodriguez exercises.
James Rodriguez Favorite Things
- NBA Player – LeBron James
Source – Goal.com
James Rodriguez Facts
- As a child, he lived in Ibague, Tolima, Republic of Colombia.
- He began his football career in 2006 at the Colombian club Envigado.
- In 2008, Rodriguez shifted to the Argentinian club Banfield.
- In December 2009, Banfield rejected a 5 million euro transfer offer by the Italian team Udinese.
- On July 6, 2010, James decided to continue his career at the Portuguese team Porto after he agreed to sign a four-year deal worth 5.1 million euros with a release clause of 30 million euros.
- On June 13, 2011, Rodriguez signed a new five-year contract with a release clause of 45 million euros.
- During the 2011-2012 season, he was awarded the LPFP Award for Breakthrough Player of 2011-2012 Primeira Liga. The same season, James had won SJPF Player of the Month twice and the Portuguese Golden Ball award.
- On May 25, 2013, he became a part of the French team AS Monaco after both sides agreed on a €45 million deal.
- He signed a six-year contract with Real Madrid on July 22, 2014. The total transfer fee has been rumored around 80 million euros.
- Rodriguez has performed for the national team of Colombia U-17 in the 2007 South American U-17 Championship and 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
- He played for the U-20 national team of Colombia at the 2011 U-20 World Cup, 2011 South American U-20 Championship and 2011 Toulon Tournament.
- Visit his official website @ jamesrodriguez.com.co.
- Follow Rodriguez on his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.